Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

10,000 mile review
By stgcret

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

In general my Big Horn is a nice truck. I probably should have gone with leather seats as they seemed to be a bit more comfortable. Pretty quite at 75 mph on the interstate. The gas consumption is brutal but hey, it's a truck!

Step Up rails, plenty of cabin room and the Sirius radio.

Dodge engineers need to go sit in a Silverado or F-150 for seat comfort. The drivers sitting confort is my biggest dislike. More seat position controls would also be useful.

4x4 ... Really?
By DJH

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 1500 SLT Quad Cab Big Horn Edition 4x4 near the end on Jan. I couldn't beat the price and it looks great. The truck runs great but I screwed up when I bought this truck since it has the On-Demand 4x4 system. I warn you all do not buy a truck with these system it WILL go out and dodge has not found a fix yet. I like the truck but hate the 4wd system. It has went out 3 times in the last month. I have not went off road with the truck at all but with this system as soon as you use it a few times it will not engage the 4wd at all or it will lock in low side and not come out. I hope that dodge finds a fix soon or they will be buying back a lot of trucks due to the lemon laws.

Love the Hemi just a great truck

Hate the 4wd system (where did the old manual shift go?) Also wish there was a option for a 6-speed manual with the Hemi

Bad ride.
By Mike

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Since purchase, the cab vibrates at 57 mph or higher. The dealer says it's in the design of the truck, and that the engine downshifts from 8 to 4 cylinders. The manager, who drove it and said it's as good as any '08 he's driven, says that I should expect a truck to have this ride-that I'm unreasonable. The tires have been rotated and re-balanced, but no improvement. If this ride is "within specifications", then my Fords must have been defective, because my Crew Cabs rode great. Any ideas anyone?

Engine power, pulling ability.

Maybe Chrysler needs to ask their dealerships to refrain from giving customers any excuse for poor quality.

Good Buy
By Tim

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this basic truck two months ago. Have enjoyed driving it for this short period of time. Wanted a big truck with all of the amenities that came with it, got exactly what I wanted for a great price!

Big truck ride with plenty of power to spare!

At this point and time nothing comes to mind!

2008 Ram 1500 4X4 Lonestar Edition
By Broman

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a 2002 Ram 1500 4X4 SLT before and loved it. The 2008 road much smoother, had more power and with the MDS, got better gas mileage. I love the truck, I love driving in the New England snow...and it has been a bad year for snow this winter. Can't wait to get it out on the sandy beaches. The gas mileage has held true, if I keep my foot off the accelerator. It's hard, because it is too much fun. It wants to break loose on the salted/sanded roads...so you have to take it easy. It turns a lot of heads too. I get a lot of looks and comments.

POWER!!! The Hemi has plenty. The riding height on the 4X4 with 20" wheels gives a great view of the road and traffic. My wife doesn't like climbing up (she short), but I don't want stepbars on it. I also LOVE the exhaust sound when you decide to open up the throttle, like entering the highway.

Small stuff, like built in hands free phone. A interior LED light so you can find the coffee cup holders in early dark mornings. Maybe a light for the MDS, so you know when the engine is running with half the cylinders.