2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Nice truck when not in the shop
By Dan L on 05/22/08 17:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Fell in love with the look at the last auto show and bought one. In less than 3 months it has been in the shop 3 times for electrical issues. They keep swapping out parts but I expect more from a new truck that lists for 40 grand. Very disappointed with the problems I have been having.

Awesome
By Barry Bobbitt on 05/15/08 14:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have never owned a new vehicle. I purchased a new car for my wife in February, and went to look at a truck for my brother at the dealership. They asked me if I wanted to trade my wife's old suv in. I told them what I wanted, and they had it on the lot. I cannot say enough about this truck. I love the six cylinder engine. I love the rubber/vinyl floors and vinyl seats. I got the one with regular hubcaps, no chrome wheels, and no chrome on truck. This truck is silver, and draws more questions and attention than the trucks that are tricked out with everything. I could not have ordered one and gotten it as close to what I wanted. Sticker was $24,000.00 after rebates, it was in high teens.

Al around great truck
By Kevin on 04/29/08 12:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my truck 2 months ago and have already put 6000 miles on it! The truck drives and rides great. I love the "uconect" bluetooth divice. The seats are very comfortable. The 4.7 seems to be a bit underpowered when I pull my 6000 lbs trailer. The dashboard is very made very cheap k-mart plastic. I am researching how to install the OEM center console for a Laramie into my truck

New and for you
By Richie on 04/06/08 14:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My truck is not listed. I ordered a Ram 1500 SLT regular cab with the 5.7 Hemi, 4-wheel drive, 17” aluminum wheels and long bed. I have owned the truck for one month and so far so good. It’s a blast to drive, the Hemi has all the power you expected, backed up with the 5-speed transmission and there you go. Especially with the lifetime power- train warranty. Gas mileage is not to bad for a big heavy truck. Handling is tight she feels good on the road. The interior space is well appointed and large, behind the seats they utilized the space by installing a large plastic storage bin, that runs the entire width of the cab, it’s deep enough to carry a suit case, briefcase or groceries bags.

Love My Hemi
By Mo Memi on 03/23/08 10:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Edmunds did not have my configuration as an option. I bought the 2008 Hemi qual cab Big Horn edition. I traded in a 2007 dakota 6 cyl. The power difference is astounding. I could have lived without the upgrade to the Hemi before I bought it. Now I LOVE THE HEMI. Even though I don't drive very fast (usually), it's good to know that the power is there. The mileage isn't very different from what I got with the dakota. The 20" rims & tires are gorgeous. The truck sits up fairly high. Came with Mopar sidesteps. Plenty of chrome. I've added mud flaps and a cover for the bed. The bed is soooo much larger than the dakota. This really is a great truck. Now I see what all the hype is for.

Vibration
By Roger Antill on 03/21/08 08:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought truck new, after about 200 miles I started feeling a vibration in the whole truck. I took it back to the dealer and they told me they have had complaints with other 1500s, did not know how to fix the problem. Waiting for a response from Chrysler which has not come yet. very dissatisfied and sick

Love the Truck but...........
By Teddy on 03/17/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the truck for about a year and a half now and I am very happy with it. It pulls anything I throw on the trailer with no problem. I put 3,000 lbs of granite tiles on the bed, the truck was down on the floor but i took it 40 miles away with now problem. It takes the abuse, the Hemi is worth the money.

Great Truck
By Ron on 01/26/08 22:42 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great all around truck with plenty of power coming from the revamped Flex Fuel 4.7L coupled to a flawless 5 spd automatic. Interior very well designed and built with plenty of room to boot. Town MPG is very good for a V8.

2008 Quad Cab 4.7 Liter
By Steve on 01/24/08 20:12 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've had the truck for a couple of weeks now and love it. The new 4.7 liter engine has plenty of power for my needs. The only negative I have is that I wish mpg was a little better in the city. But it is a truck so what do you expect. On the highway I've gotten between 18 and 20 crusing around 65 so that's not too bad. It seems pretty solid to me and is probably the best buy for the money.

The reality of hd trucks.
By SS on 01/22/08 21:38 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Here it is folks. I run my trucks in the service industry. I've had Fords, Chevys, and Dodge trucks. I annualy put on 18000 miles per yr on gravel/26000 hwy . If you want reliability(hands down)buy a Dodge diesel. Interior appointments OK but not as nice as Chevys. If you want a nice hiway truck, buy a diesel (expect nickle and dime repairs over 60000 miles lots of them) if you work this truck. Great tranny and motor though. Fords hum. To each his own but I cannot see me purchasing another Ford in the near future.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.