2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Great Buy and Truck
By Lenord on 09/06/08 20:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have had my truck for a couple of months, I have always admired the look of the dodge trucks, so I took the chance and purchased one, my concern was if the 4.7 L engine had enough power to tow my 6k 27ft travel trailer up these Colorado mountain passes, truck tow this camper with no problem, more power for towing than I thought, my wife thinks it towed better than our silverado did, and I would agree, great truck lots of great comments for strangers, neighbors, and all my Navy co workers. If you are thinking about a truck this is the one room for a family of 4 with a golden retriever.

So Far So Good
By Jtrem on 09/03/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have only owned the car for about a month now, but I love it. I came from a Mini Cooper. Obviously a big step up in size and less fuel economy. But I love my Ram. The Hemi pulls extremely hard. I opted for the Big Horn package and the 20" rims give the truck a little more height. Overall its a great truck. Let just hope it stays that way!

Great Truck with Great Warranty
By Carma on 08/28/08 19:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought this truck. I get about 15 mpg on the 85 flex fuel. With 85 being $1 cheaper than the cheapest 87 octane, the gas mileage is the same that I was getting overall with my old SUV (about 20 mpg). It's a beauty, smooth ride, and we love it. Can fit 3 car seats (toddler/infant) in the back seats and 3 adults upfront.

A great truck
By Carl on 08/28/08 07:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased the 08 4.7/6 speed manual quad cab with a trx4 off road package less than a month ago. Have 1400 kilometers on her now with no issues. I could have got a 5.7 hemi automatic for the same price but preferred the feel of the 4.7 with the 6 speed manual. I recommend it to anyone who likes to drive...

amazing truck
By luke on 08/20/08 02:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned my ram big horn for about two months and it's an amazing piece of machinery. I've had no problems and it is the funnest drive ever! Performance of a sports car power of an 8 wheeler. ;D

From Rumblebee Ram to Big Horn Ram
By stgcret on 08/07/08 15:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

It has been 4 years since I had my Hemi Rumblebee. I have been driving a 2005 Lincoln Towncar since 2006. I was having too much trouble hauling things in the trunk so with my GE Partner, Military discounts and the other rebates from Dodge, I got the fever to get a truck. I have not quite seen 2 weeks since I purchased my 2008 "Big Horn" Edition Ram 1500 Quad 4x2. So far I love it. Just hit 400 miles today. The Nerf bars are a must have if you have the 20" wheels. Very cold A/C nice ergonomic features in general.

08 Ram 1500 QC "Big Horn" 5.7L HEMI
By 5corpi9 on 07/31/08 17:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've had it for a couple months now and it's been great! Sole purpose of getting the truck, is to tow our Toy Hauler. I am towing about 8400 lbs fully loaded and the 5.7 L HEMI has no problem! I installed a pair of Timbrens in the rear which helps a lot when towing. For the engine, I installed an aftermarket air intake/Gibson exhaust/JET Chip and recently, a throttle body spacer which has made a difference in MPG, I get a few more miles. Overall, I would recommend this truck to all that want a truck that can tow/haul or if you just want the most torque in it's class.

Wind noise
By Trainman on 07/12/08 18:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have wind noise on the drivers side only. The dealership has replaced the door seals and adjusted the door. No improvement. They told me that I would just have to live with the problem because all the 1500 have the problem. I have trouble believing that. Does anyone else have the problem? Love everything else about the truck. My second Dodge Ram and maybe the last from this dealer.

It's a Hemi
By kim schwanz on 06/03/08 10:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After 18 years and the price of diesel going through the roof, I purchased a new 4wd 1500 Laramie loaded. The truck arrived right on time and the dealer gave me the ttx rail tracking numbers to follow my truck from the plant to the showroom. With just under 10,000 miles, I have had no problems with the exception of a after market item which produced a squeak which was quickly fixed. As a 20 year person going back to a gas was tough but with this hemi oh what a ride. Smooth riding, excellent handling, corners great on pavement or gravel. If you keep your foot out of it, and shut off the od in mountains and traffic the mpg improves. Verdict I'm glad I got a dodge hemi.

2007 Dodge ram 1500 q/cab
By PATRICK BOURQUE on 05/23/08 22:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my truck I've own this truck 10 month and have no problem with the truck, only thing I didn't get the lift time, bought the truck and two weeks later they came out with the lift time warranty, can't beat a Dodge truck. I own Chevy and Ford, nothing like a Dodge!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.