Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

RAM HEMI a WINNER!!!
By RAm lover

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned my 2008 Dodge Ram 5.7L HEMI for about 8 months. I have about 10k miles on the truck and just love it. The power of the HEMI V8 is amazing, it doesn't even feel like you are dirving a truck. I put a flomaster 40 series and elminated the resignators and the sound is amazing, nice and low. The towing capacity of this truck is tops too. I got the Big Horn edition which has the 20' wheels, it's a great package that completes the truck. I have taken my RAM off road many times and it handles great, food ground clearance and great power for moving up and down the rock beds. Also fun in the mud. Great overall truck, and I got mine for half price, about 22k off the sticker.

HEMI v8, back seat room, overall ride quality and handling

Make improvements on the interior, looks a little cheap and too much plastic. I know for 09 they did change this but it's the olny thing I could think of that I didn't like about the 08.

Lemon Law Prospect
By F.R. Adams

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded an identical 2004 for the 2008 Hemi because of the drive train guarantee. I signed a paper saying the vehicle had 12 miles on the odometer. I signed another paper without noticing that the mileage was recorded as 3030. I called the dealer to inquire about this and was told they could put as many as 5000 miles on demonstrators and still sell them as new. I asked if they had changed the oil at 3000 and was told to bring it in and they would change the oil. I asked about a small dent in the rear bumper and was surprised when I was told that I may have gotten bumped at Krogers or Walmart when they had put 3030 miles on it and I had put less than 300. Steering had to be replaced.

Shows satisfaction or dissatisfaction with the product and gives more insight on the problems others are having.

Seems more than satisfactory in present form.

10,000 mile review
By stgcret

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

In general my Big Horn is a nice truck. I probably should have gone with leather seats as they seemed to be a bit more comfortable. Pretty quite at 75 mph on the interstate. The gas consumption is brutal but hey, it's a truck!

Step Up rails, plenty of cabin room and the Sirius radio.

Dodge engineers need to go sit in a Silverado or F-150 for seat comfort. The drivers sitting confort is my biggest dislike. More seat position controls would also be useful.

4x4 ... Really?
By DJH

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 1500 SLT Quad Cab Big Horn Edition 4x4 near the end on Jan. I couldn't beat the price and it looks great. The truck runs great but I screwed up when I bought this truck since it has the On-Demand 4x4 system. I warn you all do not buy a truck with these system it WILL go out and dodge has not found a fix yet. I like the truck but hate the 4wd system. It has went out 3 times in the last month. I have not went off road with the truck at all but with this system as soon as you use it a few times it will not engage the 4wd at all or it will lock in low side and not come out. I hope that dodge finds a fix soon or they will be buying back a lot of trucks due to the lemon laws.

Love the Hemi just a great truck

Hate the 4wd system (where did the old manual shift go?) Also wish there was a option for a 6-speed manual with the Hemi

Bad ride.
By Mike

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Since purchase, the cab vibrates at 57 mph or higher. The dealer says it's in the design of the truck, and that the engine downshifts from 8 to 4 cylinders. The manager, who drove it and said it's as good as any '08 he's driven, says that I should expect a truck to have this ride-that I'm unreasonable. The tires have been rotated and re-balanced, but no improvement. If this ride is "within specifications", then my Fords must have been defective, because my Crew Cabs rode great. Any ideas anyone?

Engine power, pulling ability.

Maybe Chrysler needs to ask their dealerships to refrain from giving customers any excuse for poor quality.