2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Amazing Truck
By ckeys27 on 01/25/09 15:39 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has it all and then some. This thing looks great and I always get compliments. I have only had the truck for a short month but im greatly impressed. The 4.7,8cyl delivers enough power to tow everything I need to tow and it handles suprisingly well for a four dour.

Great Truck But....
By Gregg Mc. on 01/22/09 14:44 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has been great but a few issues. Dodge is the only product our family had bought for 30 years. I had loads of problems with my chrysler and traded for a new ram. I love everything about it looks, power everything. But at 5000 miles I started having problems with fueling up the truck and it would spit up 2 cups of fuel going slow or fast. Dodge is replacing the gas tank. But they say its back ordered. My power windows and stereo started cutting out. Again dodge is repairing the problem but 3 week back order. Other than that it's great.

Big Horn, Big Fun
By Louis on 01/08/09 10:29 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Recently bought the Big Horn edition. Was a little gun shy about buying a Dodge have always been a Ford guy so far seems like a good buy. The only issue so far is the rear end seems a little light seems to hydroplane easier then it should. Truck came with Goodyear HP's so I know it's not cheap tires. If anyone has an idea what may be the cause please remark. Overall we like our Ram truck!

Big Blue
By Dan on 12/30/08 13:35 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck! Turns surprisingly well for a large pickup. Plenty of power when towing my camper (5000 lbs) or when the bed is loaded. 4wd gripping is great. Went up an unpaved, icy, 300 foot driveway at about a 25% to 30% grade without slipping at all.

Sweet!
By Jerry on 11/23/08 18:38 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After owning a 2000 Ram and now a 2008 Ram Quad Cab, I wouldn't own any other truck. I've never had any significant problems with the Ram. It's very dependable and tough. The quad cab is very comfortable for adults in the front and the back seat. The 5.7 Hemi is an awesome motor. It has plenty of power and the exhaust has a nice rumble to it. The Ram looks intimidating on the road with its huge chrome grille and 20 inch wheels. The ride is smooth for a truck and feels very solid. The anti spin rear differential provides great traction. I am very happy with my new Ram.

Gotta Love the Hemi!
By Alan on 11/18/08 06:41 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This was my full-size truck purchase. The overall appearance of the Ram and its power clinched the deal for me. After test driving all the competition, this truck blew them away. The ride comfort is vey good for a truck and the interior is very roomy. With the MDS feature, I routinely get 20 MPG on highay driving. Can't wait to try it out in the snow.

I got a Hemi
By Bill on 11/17/08 21:16 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Every place I take it, I get the nice ride look or nod. Love the rear floading seats and storage. Please it has a Hemi. Sweet power and sounds great with the aid of flowmaster exhaust. If you don't have one, get one. If you have one, you know what I mean.

Big Kid Toy
By Hoppy on 11/15/08 19:48 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

New off the lot in Sept 08. 4X4 shift on the fly, auto trans, Lone Star package (20 inch rims, Goodyear HP tires, power seats, Etc.) 2000 miles to date. I reached 21 MPG on the highway at 65 MPH after I installed the K&N air filter. Not too bad for a 4X4 with 310 HP. Actual fuel mileage is 14 with a 30/70 mix of city and highway. Traded my 07 Reg cab Chevy Work truck, could not be happier. Never thought I would be a Dodge Man.

New Work Truck
By Brian Stone on 10/23/08 17:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

5,000 miles in approx. 1 month. 6 cylinder, auto, no frills, manual windows, vinyl floors, seats. Roomy, added Work Rack and boxes. Felt engine lacked power, downshifted too often on inclines. Added K&N air filter. Big improvement. Better mileage, too. Good truck. Comfortable.

And Loving IT!!
By AWJ on 10/05/08 10:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in a 2005 Chevy Malibu.Actually drove a Doge Ram reg cab(2007)this past May when my Malibu was in for warranty work at the Chevy dealer. Did NOT like it at first, drove the Ram for the day and walked away subconsciously impressed. I started looking at the Ram more and more. Then came the sale price, 10 grand in rebates, lifetime powertrain warranty to boot. Went to the dealer and took a close look, checked the quad cab out, and purchased the next day. And Lovin IT! Thanks to the NO pressure folks at Swift Dodge in Davis, CA. I actually left the lot on a Saturday evening to think about the purchase, NO hassles at all. Smooth transaction at the dealer, great dealer! AWJ

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.