2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Lemon Law Prospect
By F.R. Adams on 05/31/09 15:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded an identical 2004 for the 2008 Hemi because of the drive train guarantee. I signed a paper saying the vehicle had 12 miles on the odometer. I signed another paper without noticing that the mileage was recorded as 3030. I called the dealer to inquire about this and was told they could put as many as 5000 miles on demonstrators and still sell them as new. I asked if they had changed the oil at 3000 and was told to bring it in and they would change the oil. I asked about a small dent in the rear bumper and was surprised when I was told that I may have gotten bumped at Krogers or Walmart when they had put 3030 miles on it and I had put less than 300. Steering had to be replaced.

10,000 mile review
By stgcret on 05/09/09 09:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

In general my Big Horn is a nice truck. I probably should have gone with leather seats as they seemed to be a bit more comfortable. Pretty quite at 75 mph on the interstate. The gas consumption is brutal but hey, it's a truck!

4x4 ... Really?
By DJH on 04/28/09 14:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 1500 SLT Quad Cab Big Horn Edition 4x4 near the end on Jan. I couldn't beat the price and it looks great. The truck runs great but I screwed up when I bought this truck since it has the On-Demand 4x4 system. I warn you all do not buy a truck with these system it WILL go out and dodge has not found a fix yet. I like the truck but hate the 4wd system. It has went out 3 times in the last month. I have not went off road with the truck at all but with this system as soon as you use it a few times it will not engage the 4wd at all or it will lock in low side and not come out. I hope that dodge finds a fix soon or they will be buying back a lot of trucks due to the lemon laws.

Bad ride.
By Mike on 04/21/09 12:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Since purchase, the cab vibrates at 57 mph or higher. The dealer says it's in the design of the truck, and that the engine downshifts from 8 to 4 cylinders. The manager, who drove it and said it's as good as any '08 he's driven, says that I should expect a truck to have this ride-that I'm unreasonable. The tires have been rotated and re-balanced, but no improvement. If this ride is "within specifications", then my Fords must have been defective, because my Crew Cabs rode great. Any ideas anyone?

2008 Ram 1500 4X4 Lonestar Edition
By Broman on 03/17/09 04:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a 2002 Ram 1500 4X4 SLT before and loved it. The 2008 road much smoother, had more power and with the MDS, got better gas mileage. I love the truck, I love driving in the New England snow...and it has been a bad year for snow this winter. Can't wait to get it out on the sandy beaches. The gas mileage has held true, if I keep my foot off the accelerator. It's hard, because it is too much fun. It wants to break loose on the salted/sanded roads...so you have to take it easy. It turns a lot of heads too. I get a lot of looks and comments.

You get what you pay for
By tom on 03/13/09 01:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

First vehicle I ever bought. Family has always owned Dodge with no problems. I have owned the vehicle for 7 mo and has been in the shop 7 times (mainly due to unreliable technicians). I have a squeek in the dash and passanger door that just wont go away. Recenly the bed of the pickup is offset from the passanger compartment. Also, after 2 hrs of driving the MDS doesn't know what to do (vehicle is constantly surging with the flucuating RPM's).

MDS Stinks
By Nate on 02/24/09 21:28 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the 5th Ram I have owned and I hate it. I gave up my '05 for the '08 because I heard so much about the Multi Displacement System and how much better the fuel mileage would be. The mileage is worse than any of my previous Rams with the old 360. The rpm's constantly go up and down while cruising down the road due to the MDS constantly activating and deactivating. Every time I call a dealer and tell of the problem, they always say something is definitely wrong with it, but then after they waste several hours of my time, they say the computer doesn't show anything wrong so everything must be normal. The seats also stink compared to the '05.

Ram tough
By Cavegunner on 02/14/09 06:14 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Get truck so far, I love the feel, very comfortable ride with plenty of power in the pedal. Around town gas mileage so far is between 15.5 & 16.4 but I keep my foot out of it too. The 310HP V8 is really nice to have when you need to get out into traffic in a hurry, general set up/layout of the interior is good, exterior goes without saying! Awesome. Hope this review helps, so far the best truck I have every owned and I have had them all in the past.

Faulty Transfer case
By Dodge abandoned me on 02/07/09 12:27 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I ordered a top of the line Ram 1500 Laramie, quad cab, with electronic transfercase, dvd, gps etc. When I went to use the all wheel drive function, the transfer motor burned out,which then burned out the TIPM board, Which you need to start the vehicle. I have been to the shop 4 times,spanning 70 + days and 3 dealerships in two states. Dodge can't fix it. There are 12 other owners that I know of, same problem. Dodge has totally ignored us. I have called, emailed, certified mail etc. The customer assistance line said on 5 different occasions that I would receive a call within 2 days,and each time the deadline passes and guess what. No call. Its been a total whoopdee do.

Hemi Power!
By John on 01/28/09 21:27 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've always owned Dodge trucks and this is by far the best one I've owned to date. The Hemi is an incredible engine that puts out plenty of power for towing/hauling. The lifetime powertrain warranty is also a nice thing to have. So far the truck has run amazing. The U-Connect system makes making and receiving calls easy. The styling of the truck is aggressive and clean. I get decent gas mileage 14mpg on average with aggressive street and highway driving. OVerall its the best truck for the money out there.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.