2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: 2008 Ram 1500 4X4 Lonestar Edi

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Review

2008 Ram 1500 4X4 Lonestar Edition
By Broman on

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a 2002 Ram 1500 4X4 SLT before and loved it. The 2008 road much smoother, had more power and with the MDS, got better gas mileage. I love the truck, I love driving in the New England snow...and it has been a bad year for snow this winter. Can't wait to get it out on the sandy beaches. The gas mileage has held true, if I keep my foot off the accelerator. It's hard, because it is too much fun. It wants to break loose on the salted/sanded roads...so you have to take it easy. It turns a lot of heads too. I get a lot of looks and comments.

Favorite Features

POWER!!! The Hemi has plenty. The riding height on the 4X4 with 20" wheels gives a great view of the road and traffic. My wife doesn't like climbing up (she short), but I don't want stepbars on it. I also LOVE the exhaust sound when you decide to open up the throttle, like entering the highway.

Suggested Improvements

Small stuff, like built in hands free phone. A interior LED light so you can find the coffee cup holders in early dark mornings. Maybe a light for the MDS, so you know when the engine is running with half the cylinders.