2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
The Big Dawg
By Bud Utecht on 04/13/10 17:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Initially, loved the features, found that for the money, no passenger electric seat, very limited driver electric seat, no automatic headlights (hugely annoying), rides a lot rougher than my Chevy, 5.7 hemi hesitates way too long when you punch the gas, I expected more. But I love the storage in the cab, great room, bigger bed than other trucks, great power for towing, great exterior design, very fun to drive.

20,000 mile update
By stgcret on 03/22/10 09:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Well guys & gals, I'm at 21,020 miles and my bighorn 4.7 seems to be getting used to me. The drivers seat seems just a bit more comfortable (with a small tube pillow behind my lower back). I only need it on a long drive. Have not had a single problem so far. When I get my 6th and last free oil change from the dealer (at 25,000 miles), I will go with castrol syntec oil. One thing that I still don't like is the severe depreciation of the model. The sticker on mine was $36,200 and I got it for $22,100 with 1.6 miles on it. Like I read earlier, I feel sorry for the one whom pail close to sticker.

work out the bugs
By action on 03/01/10 17:55 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My brother had bought a 2008 1500 big horn and i drove it to the lake pulling my boat. I couldn't believe how much nicer it was than my chevy with the performance. I had to one up him and get the Dodge with all the options. Turned out in the beginning it was the wrong thing to do. It is a nice truck but the first time we got snow and I went to use the 4wd it burned out a bunch of sensors, causing the lights to flash wipers to turn on by themselves tail lights to flash all the electronics just did what they wanted to do. Dodge did not have a fix for this issue right away. I had to bring it in a few times before the problem was actually corrected. No problems since. Now I love the truck.

Great buy
By Big Horn on 12/27/09 15:18 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck when Dodge was having the fire sale prices in fall of 2008- the sticker price was a little over $ 34K and I paid $ 18, 250.00 I had always been a Ford man but i couldn't pass up the price. So far the truck has been a pleasant surprise- driven it 30K miles in just over a year- once to Maine and on several long trips. Very comfortable, very nice styling and only a few problems- all taken care of under warranty- the windshield developed a stress crack and one of the front shocks leaked- the stealership replaced both fronts at no charge. Gas mileage is decent as I always average about 19mpg on highway. Those of you who complain about gas mileage should do the speed limit!

tranny problem
By nadine2008 on 11/13/09 20:23 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

So I bought this pickup in late 08, she's bee fantastic until today, went to drive it, wouldn't go into gear, or any gear for tha matter, had to have it towed to dealer, renta vehicle from soewhre else andno haveto wat the days to tell me what's wrong, the transmison will have o be taken apart aparently. Not happy rightnow, the trucks been great until now, do reason to d this, dove fine on Wednsday, now she won't go.

Great Truck, even for a college kid
By metallicarox2009 on 11/01/09 11:15 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I needed a new vehicle for college, and I decided I wanted a pickup truck for the 6 hour drive out of state. I've always been a Dodge guy and fell in love with the Ram 1500. Its a Big Horn edition, which adds some nice features, I got it as a rebuilt with 8,000 miles on it. It is a blast to drive and I have had no problems with it, the HEMI produces plenty of power while getting a decent 17-18 MPG on the highway at 75 MPH. It is very comfortable for long road trips and just puttering around town, after you drive it for a few months, it doesn't even feel like a full size truck, overall i'm very happy with my Ram.

Ok, but those are the brakes
By bphemi on 10/15/09 11:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck and did a couple of minor updates. The biggest issue I've had was that the front brakes locked up 3 times after a long trip. The guy at the Stealership told me that he couldn't find anything wrong? Too which I replied "that must explain the melted calipers and brakes shims lol". They performed a repair and so far so good. I have alignment problems, but I did lift the front 2.5 inches to get more of an aggressive look. Nice truck! It's my second so lets see if it holds up like the first.

08 Ram Hemi
By Garry Withrow on 07/17/09 09:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Dodge truck. Last one was good, so got another. This one has a Hemi/Auto trans/LSD diff. Truck is good fun to drive, with some upgrades: 180 degree T-stat, cold air intake, exhaust, and Diablo tuner- performance 93 octane tune(also turns off that nasty MDS, didn't get a Hemi for gas milage?). Have changed all oil fluids over to Mobil-1, and added PML covers on trans/diff, they add fluid capaicity. Truck goes like stink. But i will stick to severe maintance schedule and change fluids twice as much as normal, the stealership gets enoungh of my money. So far - so good. Garry.

My Best Truck Yet
By steve on 06/13/09 22:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

So far I owned brand new, a 1996 ram, 2001ram, 2006ram, and now 2008 ram big horn. By far the best truck on the road. Comfortable ride, as well as nice and quiet. Has the MDS system in it which saves gas, although it can use it when you lay on it for the fun. The big Hemi 345 hp engine is great. I am really pleased with this big bad boy of a truck. And very tough to. As well as being great in winter weather. 4x4 is a plus. Works great and has a lifetime powertrain warranty.Seating is confy, but can be tight in the back for long legs. Otherwise, there is no other truck you can add to that makes this beast sound like it does.

RAM HEMI a WINNER!!!
By RAm lover on 06/08/09 14:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned my 2008 Dodge Ram 5.7L HEMI for about 8 months. I have about 10k miles on the truck and just love it. The power of the HEMI V8 is amazing, it doesn't even feel like you are dirving a truck. I put a flomaster 40 series and elminated the resignators and the sound is amazing, nice and low. The towing capacity of this truck is tops too. I got the Big Horn edition which has the 20' wheels, it's a great package that completes the truck. I have taken my RAM off road many times and it handles great, food ground clearance and great power for moving up and down the rock beds. Also fun in the mud. Great overall truck, and I got mine for half price, about 22k off the sticker.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.