2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Given way more credit than it deserves
By First Pick Up on 01/09/10 17:29 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the Dodge during a 50% off sale...Stickered $31K, paid $15K. Within the first 1K miles, I had the gas tank replaced because it sprayed gas out of the filler neck when filling up. At 2K miles, the Wipers went on it. They replaced a WCM module. I'm at roughly 10K miles and no other problems other than some rattles. My biggest complaint, driving on wet roads is like driving on ice. Even when I take it easy, the rear tires (Goodyear HP's) break free on wet pavement VERY easily. The 5.7 Hemi is not very smooth or refined, I expected better from such a hyped-up engine. I can't see me buying another Dodge ever again.

Got A Hemi!
By ratchet1 on 01/24/09 04:10 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Wanted reg cab w/SB and Hemi for towing and drove a new 2009 with the improved 4.7 and drove the last 2008 with a 5.7 Hemi. The 2009 was smoother over bumps but didn't measure up to the Hemi when stepping on the gas. I was trading in a 2006 Quad Cab Dakota Sport w/4.7. Bed was too short. Both trucks could turn on a dime! The 4.7 will haul once it gets going but the Hemi got it hands down. It has 20" wheels which I didn't want with the 302 Rear but that combo gives me 1100 lbs tow capacity.

Good job on the New Ram
By Nice Job Dodge on 11/28/07 16:37 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought my 08 Ram 4.7 Reg Cab after all owning a GMC crew cab. I have to say this is a great truck. It was nice to see a small V8 have awesome power. Dodge took the 4.7 up to 310HP and in a reg cab with 20's and a five speed Auto this truck can get. The funny thing is I did not know the HP was that nor did my salesman or the dealership. I found it online afterword here in Edmunds. So listen up Dodge you need to Advertise the new power and help out your sales. If you are looking for a new truck but do not want to break the bank. Go buy a new Ram 4.7 with 310HP. I got mine for less than $21000 loaded. It is a great truck and a blast to drive. Get a flowmaster and intake and it comes alive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.