2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
BAD TRUCK
By dyet on 10/04/11 06:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

In 2009 I bought a 2008 Ram 1500 3.6L with 9k miles. The truck has been used for transportation only, no hauling or towing, it now has 53K miles. I had to replace the power steering pump $450 and now need a new transmission $1800. Buyer beware, the unlimited powertrain warranty does not transfer. I will not buy another Dodge product. Expensive lesson learned.

Given way more credit than it deserves
By First Pick Up on 01/09/10 17:29 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the Dodge during a 50% off sale...Stickered $31K, paid $15K. Within the first 1K miles, I had the gas tank replaced because it sprayed gas out of the filler neck when filling up. At 2K miles, the Wipers went on it. They replaced a WCM module. I'm at roughly 10K miles and no other problems other than some rattles. My biggest complaint, driving on wet roads is like driving on ice. Even when I take it easy, the rear tires (Goodyear HP's) break free on wet pavement VERY easily. The 5.7 Hemi is not very smooth or refined, I expected better from such a hyped-up engine. I can't see me buying another Dodge ever again.

Not bad... for the money
By Bobby M on 06/28/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up a 6 cyl. Reg Cab for only $13,500. Have already had a few issues with it, spitting up gas when filling up and shaking between 60-65mph. The shaking has all but gone away on it's own, the spitting up gas was fixed by the dealer replacing the entire gas tank. Overall, not a bad truck. It gets terrible gas mileage but you know that going into it. It also rides a little rough but that's just a truck I guess. Also, if power is important to you, don't get the 6 cyl. engine. It's ok just cruising around, but sometimes lack power when going uphill or when passing.

Weak power, goes into pass gear on hills
By Mac on 05/17/09 14:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Truck seems to drive fine however while cruising on the highway in slighly hilly area, the truck goes back into a passing gear as if it is stuggling for power. Louisiana is relatively flat land at that. Perhaps something is wrong with the transmission? Been like that since it was new.

Good Buy
By Tim on 04/17/09 19:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this basic truck two months ago. Have enjoyed driving it for this short period of time. Wanted a big truck with all of the amenities that came with it, got exactly what I wanted for a great price!

Got A Hemi!
By ratchet1 on 01/24/09 04:10 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Wanted reg cab w/SB and Hemi for towing and drove a new 2009 with the improved 4.7 and drove the last 2008 with a 5.7 Hemi. The 2009 was smoother over bumps but didn't measure up to the Hemi when stepping on the gas. I was trading in a 2006 Quad Cab Dakota Sport w/4.7. Bed was too short. Both trucks could turn on a dime! The 4.7 will haul once it gets going but the Hemi got it hands down. It has 20" wheels which I didn't want with the 302 Rear but that combo gives me 1100 lbs tow capacity.

Nice truck
By JIM on 11/11/08 04:03 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab LB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is a real good buy. It rides great, handles great. Plenty of room inside. My daughter has a grooming shop and it is perfect for transporting dogs to various destinations. The six cylinder has got plenty of power. I am very proud to own this vehicle. I've had other trucks, GMC, a Ford nothing as nice as this Ram.

Basic Transportation
By kdude on 10/01/08 18:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab LB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this as a secondary vehicle to replace my diesel truck. I won't lie and say it's a powerhouse, but the 6 cyl does belt out some decent power for a full sized truck. The 6 speed is a great match. Fuel economy is pretty close to 18 mpg consistently around town, and I've seen 22 on a recent road trip. Best part about this truck is I paid $10K for it. Was sitting on the lot for quite some time, along with the huge incentives dodge is offering. So I won't sit here and tell you it's the greatest truck ever made, but I will say my 6'2" build is extremely comfortable, plenty of storage behind the seats, and it still tows my mid sized boat with relative ease.

New and for you
By Richie on 04/06/08 14:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My truck is not listed. I ordered a Ram 1500 SLT regular cab with the 5.7 Hemi, 4-wheel drive, 17” aluminum wheels and long bed. I have owned the truck for one month and so far so good. It’s a blast to drive, the Hemi has all the power you expected, backed up with the 5-speed transmission and there you go. Especially with the lifetime power- train warranty. Gas mileage is not to bad for a big heavy truck. Handling is tight she feels good on the road. The interior space is well appointed and large, behind the seats they utilized the space by installing a large plastic storage bin, that runs the entire width of the cab, it’s deep enough to carry a suit case, briefcase or groceries bags.

Great Basic Truck
By Randy-South Carolina on 01/13/08 14:48 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a bare bones work truck for a third vehicle. I have owned about every diffent model of truck in the last 20 years and I have to say I am very pleased with this truck. Dodge has managed to build a simple, very well built work truck that at an acceptional value. The six- speed manual allows for optimum power out of the six cylinder motor and provides good economy. I have averaged approximely 19 mpg round about and over 23 mpg on the highway. To describe this vehicle in a few short words; good price, quiet at high speeds, plenty of power, great fuel economy for a full size truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.