Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

20,000 mile update
By stgcret

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Well guys & gals, I'm at 21,020 miles and my bighorn 4.7 seems to be getting used to me. The drivers seat seems just a bit more comfortable (with a small tube pillow behind my lower back). I only need it on a long drive. Have not had a single problem so far. When I get my 6th and last free oil change from the dealer (at 25,000 miles), I will go with castrol syntec oil. One thing that I still don't like is the severe depreciation of the model. The sticker on mine was $36,200 and I got it for $22,100 with 1.6 miles on it. Like I read earlier, I feel sorry for the one whom pail close to sticker.

The room, the room, the room for my fat keester. The step up is nice also.

Have the shifter available on the floor like the Laramie has. I'd pay the difference.

Great buy
By Big Horn

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck when Dodge was having the fire sale prices in fall of 2008- the sticker price was a little over $ 34K and I paid $ 18, 250.00 I had always been a Ford man but i couldn't pass up the price. So far the truck has been a pleasant surprise- driven it 30K miles in just over a year- once to Maine and on several long trips. Very comfortable, very nice styling and only a few problems- all taken care of under warranty- the windshield developed a stress crack and one of the front shocks leaked- the stealership replaced both fronts at no charge. Gas mileage is decent as I always average about 19mpg on highway. Those of you who complain about gas mileage should do the speed limit!

Gas mileage/ towing performance

Metal used in the bumpers is too thin- dents very easily.

tranny problem
By nadine2008

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

So I bought this pickup in late 08, she's bee fantastic until today, went to drive it, wouldn't go into gear, or any gear for tha matter, had to have it towed to dealer, renta vehicle from soewhre else andno haveto wat the days to tell me what's wrong, the transmison will have o be taken apart aparently. Not happy rightnow, the trucks been great until now, do reason to d this, dove fine on Wednsday, now she won't go.

get up and go, heated seats, awsome soung system,

dvd playe built into back of seats,

Ok, but those are the brakes
By bphemi

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck and did a couple of minor updates. The biggest issue I've had was that the front brakes locked up 3 times after a long trip. The guy at the Stealership told me that he couldn't find anything wrong? Too which I replied "that must explain the melted calipers and brakes shims lol". They performed a repair and so far so good. I have alignment problems, but I did lift the front 2.5 inches to get more of an aggressive look. Nice truck! It's my second so lets see if it holds up like the first.

Hemi

Interior is kind of bland. Exterior is clean and good looking.

08 Ram Hemi
By Garry Withrow

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Dodge truck. Last one was good, so got another. This one has a Hemi/Auto trans/LSD diff. Truck is good fun to drive, with some upgrades: 180 degree T-stat, cold air intake, exhaust, and Diablo tuner- performance 93 octane tune(also turns off that nasty MDS, didn't get a Hemi for gas milage?). Have changed all oil fluids over to Mobil-1, and added PML covers on trans/diff, they add fluid capaicity. Truck goes like stink. But i will stick to severe maintance schedule and change fluids twice as much as normal, the stealership gets enoungh of my money. So far - so good. Garry.

Hemi power, interior room, ride.

Have stock/factory ability to turn off MDS, if one wants.