Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

08 Ram 1500 Grill problems
By ram_boy

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Hi All, I have owned this truck for only a few days but in the first 100 kms the plastic grill fell apart. It was obviously broken and mended to look good by the previous owner and the dealer has stated they will help me fix the problem (Nissan). The plastic struts appear to be a weak point for the exterior of this vehicle. Has anybody else had problems? Solutions? Thanks JRM

Ride, Steering, hemi 5.7 litre, towing ability.

plastic grill braeks easily and looks ugly, interior needed update. Running boards should be standard.

Nice Ride
By ray194

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Lots of fun to drive. Great power. Have had no problems with it at all. got to be careful not to spin the 20's on the restart. especially in the wet.

Gittyup and Lifetime powertrain warranty. 20" wheels!

Bring the cup holders up a bit. I've seen pics of newer models. I think they've already addressed this one. on my 08, you almost have to reach to the floor.

Most problematic Truck ever owned!
By isabella8

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this 2008 Dodge Ram in July of 2008, I have had nothing but problems. 3 separate electrical problems, not counting two times with the power windows driver side, a broken spring that has something to do with the air bag, a new starter, a new alternator, and now another electrical problem with thee ignition to the starter. A grand total of over $6,000 in repairs and only have 70,000 miles and use it more for a luxury vehicle than a work vehicle. I would not recommend a Dodge to anyone out there looking to purchase one. I almost failed to mention that they had the audacity to call me and ask me to upgrade to a newer truck after the last electrical problem. WoW!!!

I thing it is one of the sharpest looking trucks out there, but that is all.

Improve electrical system for sure, nothing but problems.

Show Stopper
By KSUcountryboy

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am been a Ford guy for a long time, having 2 Fords before purchasing this AWESOME Dodge pick-up. I was coming directly off a Ford Ranger so there was a 'huge' change. I am pullin a trailer more than when i'm not. That 5.7L V8 Hemi can't even compare to the "others." Unlike before, I need to check my mirrors to make sure my trailer is even attached when I'm driving' cause the Hemi pulls it with ease. I plan on putting in a K&N air system, and a performance exhaust to really unleash the beast. Hands down awesome truck!

Infinity Sound system is great! It really blasts that great country music! My favorite feature would have to be the Hemi under the hood! I also love all the storage space under the seats ( i need as much as I can get for all my tools and equipment )

Heavier payload would be nice, the truck has so much power but the suspension squats a lil to far for me ( maybe i should gone with a 2500 but the money wasnt there yet) i plan on installing an air ride suspension so i can get on-the-fly adjusts as needed, also chrome cover on 1 handle came off

My Best Truck Yet
By steve

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

So far I owned brand new, a 1996 ram, 2001ram, 2006ram, and now 2008 ram big horn. By far the best truck on the road. Comfortable ride, as well as nice and quiet. Has the MDS system in it which saves gas, although it can use it when you lay on it for the fun. The big Hemi 345 hp engine is great. I am really pleased with this big bad boy of a truck. And very tough to. As well as being great in winter weather. 4x4 is a plus. Works great and has a lifetime powertrain warranty.Seating is confy, but can be tight in the back for long legs. Otherwise, there is no other truck you can add to that makes this beast sound like it does.

Inside and outside features are great. Have a stainless steel brushguard and steps, and looks great. Interior setup is great. Sound system from the factory is great. Just love my beast of a truck.

Should give the 4x4 choice of on the floor engage otherthan switch. Less to go wrong. But working good so far.