2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
08 Ram 1500 Grill problems
By ram_boy on 09/07/14 09:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Hi All, I have owned this truck for only a few days but in the first 100 kms the plastic grill fell apart. It was obviously broken and mended to look good by the previous owner and the dealer has stated they will help me fix the problem (Nissan). The plastic struts appear to be a weak point for the exterior of this vehicle. Has anybody else had problems? Solutions? Thanks JRM

Nice Ride
By ray194 on 09/13/13 13:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Lots of fun to drive. Great power. Have had no problems with it at all. got to be careful not to spin the 20's on the restart. especially in the wet.

Most problematic Truck ever owned!
By isabella8 on 01/12/13 12:19 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this 2008 Dodge Ram in July of 2008, I have had nothing but problems. 3 separate electrical problems, not counting two times with the power windows driver side, a broken spring that has something to do with the air bag, a new starter, a new alternator, and now another electrical problem with thee ignition to the starter. A grand total of over $6,000 in repairs and only have 70,000 miles and use it more for a luxury vehicle than a work vehicle. I would not recommend a Dodge to anyone out there looking to purchase one. I almost failed to mention that they had the audacity to call me and ask me to upgrade to a newer truck after the last electrical problem. WoW!!!

Show Stopper
By KSUcountryboy on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am been a Ford guy for a long time, having 2 Fords before purchasing this AWESOME Dodge pick-up. I was coming directly off a Ford Ranger so there was a 'huge' change. I am pullin a trailer more than when i'm not. That 5.7L V8 Hemi can't even compare to the "others." Unlike before, I need to check my mirrors to make sure my trailer is even attached when I'm driving' cause the Hemi pulls it with ease. I plan on putting in a K&N air system, and a performance exhaust to really unleash the beast. Hands down awesome truck!

My Best Truck Yet
By steve on 06/13/09 22:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

So far I owned brand new, a 1996 ram, 2001ram, 2006ram, and now 2008 ram big horn. By far the best truck on the road. Comfortable ride, as well as nice and quiet. Has the MDS system in it which saves gas, although it can use it when you lay on it for the fun. The big Hemi 345 hp engine is great. I am really pleased with this big bad boy of a truck. And very tough to. As well as being great in winter weather. 4x4 is a plus. Works great and has a lifetime powertrain warranty.Seating is confy, but can be tight in the back for long legs. Otherwise, there is no other truck you can add to that makes this beast sound like it does.

Hemi Power!
By John on 01/28/09 21:27 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've always owned Dodge trucks and this is by far the best one I've owned to date. The Hemi is an incredible engine that puts out plenty of power for towing/hauling. The lifetime powertrain warranty is also a nice thing to have. So far the truck has run amazing. The U-Connect system makes making and receiving calls easy. The styling of the truck is aggressive and clean. I get decent gas mileage 14mpg on average with aggressive street and highway driving. OVerall its the best truck for the money out there.

So Far So Good
By Jtrem on 09/03/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have only owned the car for about a month now, but I love it. I came from a Mini Cooper. Obviously a big step up in size and less fuel economy. But I love my Ram. The Hemi pulls extremely hard. I opted for the Big Horn package and the 20" rims give the truck a little more height. Overall its a great truck. Let just hope it stays that way!

Love the Truck but...........
By Teddy on 03/17/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the truck for about a year and a half now and I am very happy with it. It pulls anything I throw on the trailer with no problem. I put 3,000 lbs of granite tiles on the bed, the truck was down on the floor but i took it 40 miles away with now problem. It takes the abuse, the Hemi is worth the money.

Hemi rules the road
By Tim-Louisiana on 01/01/08 16:42 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great driving truck with secure feel on the road. The interior is as confortable as possible, without leather. 20 inch wheels give it height and attitude. Hemi feels good under the foot and brakes stop it on a dime.

Great Truck
By Colorado Ram on 10/08/07 06:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the new 2008 Ram Quad Cab 4x4 with the Hemi. It's a great truck to drive and very fast! On the highway we are getting 18 MPG, not bad since the truck only has 1200 miles as I write this. Great truck!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.