Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

2008 Ram Big Horn
By Rick Cole

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought used with only 13.4K miles at 2.5 years old. Still had new truck smell. Love this rig. Came from a 98 Durango, this one so much bigger, much more power. Love the satellite radio. Bright red color, was rear ended and hit the guy in front, bumpers and tow hitch toast, minor dent to tail gate. Stout build. In shop, can't wait to get it back. Hemi engine is awesome. My third Dodge in 25 years, the 98 Durango never gave me any problems, had 170K on it, no power train work at all. Was gonna keep it, but my neighbor came over with an offer I could not refuse. Son 1 has an 06 Dakota, son 2 has an 87 Power Ram.

Satellite radio, great looks, 20" rims, good tires, HP, too much interior plastic.

The 2010 Big Horn is way cool with the center console and euro shift.

New Work Truck
By Brian Stone

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

5,000 miles in approx. 1 month. 6 cylinder, auto, no frills, manual windows, vinyl floors, seats. Roomy, added Work Rack and boxes. Felt engine lacked power, downshifted too often on inclines. Added K&N air filter. Big improvement. Better mileage, too. Good truck. Comfortable.

Comfortable interior. Good ride. Price, at 10 K off MSRP, no one else was close.

For my work, probably should have gone with 2500 and V8.

And Loving IT!!
By AWJ

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in a 2005 Chevy Malibu.Actually drove a Doge Ram reg cab(2007)this past May when my Malibu was in for warranty work at the Chevy dealer. Did NOT like it at first, drove the Ram for the day and walked away subconsciously impressed. I started looking at the Ram more and more. Then came the sale price, 10 grand in rebates, lifetime powertrain warranty to boot. Went to the dealer and took a close look, checked the quad cab out, and purchased the next day. And Lovin IT! Thanks to the NO pressure folks at Swift Dodge in Davis, CA. I actually left the lot on a Saturday evening to think about the purchase, NO hassles at all. Smooth transaction at the dealer, great dealer! AWJ

Fuel Mileage is great for a vehicle this size and weight. Interior is roomy, drives great, looks great.

The ride is rough, but hey this is a truck! Of course the roads in California are not in the best condition either.

Ram Quad 6 Cylinder
By SC Driver

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I reluctantly purchased a 6 cylinder 2008 Ram Quad with an automatic trans. I have been pleasantly surprised. Even on long trips through the mountains, it did fairly well. Fuel economy has averaged 21 MPG, much better than my Fords (16.5) and competitive with my Chevys (22). However this powertrain is not meant for aggressive drivers. It is not terribly slow, but patience is required.

Wide seats and arm rests. Seems larger than competitive models.

NONE. Good Value

Awesome
By Barry Bobbitt

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have never owned a new vehicle. I purchased a new car for my wife in February, and went to look at a truck for my brother at the dealership. They asked me if I wanted to trade my wife's old suv in. I told them what I wanted, and they had it on the lot. I cannot say enough about this truck. I love the six cylinder engine. I love the rubber/vinyl floors and vinyl seats. I got the one with regular hubcaps, no chrome wheels, and no chrome on truck. This truck is silver, and draws more questions and attention than the trucks that are tricked out with everything. I could not have ordered one and gotten it as close to what I wanted. Sticker was $24,000.00 after rebates, it was in high teens.

My favorite feature on the truck is the fact that it is as plain as one can be and still is comfortable. I love the look and ride of the truck and the 6 speed manual tranny.

I cannot think of anything I would improve on this truck.