2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
2008 Ram Big Horn
By Rick Cole on 07/18/10 15:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought used with only 13.4K miles at 2.5 years old. Still had new truck smell. Love this rig. Came from a 98 Durango, this one so much bigger, much more power. Love the satellite radio. Bright red color, was rear ended and hit the guy in front, bumpers and tow hitch toast, minor dent to tail gate. Stout build. In shop, can't wait to get it back. Hemi engine is awesome. My third Dodge in 25 years, the 98 Durango never gave me any problems, had 170K on it, no power train work at all. Was gonna keep it, but my neighbor came over with an offer I could not refuse. Son 1 has an 06 Dakota, son 2 has an 87 Power Ram.

New Work Truck
By Brian Stone on 10/23/08 17:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

5,000 miles in approx. 1 month. 6 cylinder, auto, no frills, manual windows, vinyl floors, seats. Roomy, added Work Rack and boxes. Felt engine lacked power, downshifted too often on inclines. Added K&N air filter. Big improvement. Better mileage, too. Good truck. Comfortable.

And Loving IT!!
By AWJ on 10/05/08 10:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in a 2005 Chevy Malibu.Actually drove a Doge Ram reg cab(2007)this past May when my Malibu was in for warranty work at the Chevy dealer. Did NOT like it at first, drove the Ram for the day and walked away subconsciously impressed. I started looking at the Ram more and more. Then came the sale price, 10 grand in rebates, lifetime powertrain warranty to boot. Went to the dealer and took a close look, checked the quad cab out, and purchased the next day. And Lovin IT! Thanks to the NO pressure folks at Swift Dodge in Davis, CA. I actually left the lot on a Saturday evening to think about the purchase, NO hassles at all. Smooth transaction at the dealer, great dealer! AWJ

Ram Quad 6 Cylinder
By SC Driver on 09/15/08 03:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I reluctantly purchased a 6 cylinder 2008 Ram Quad with an automatic trans. I have been pleasantly surprised. Even on long trips through the mountains, it did fairly well. Fuel economy has averaged 21 MPG, much better than my Fords (16.5) and competitive with my Chevys (22). However this powertrain is not meant for aggressive drivers. It is not terribly slow, but patience is required.

Awesome
By Barry Bobbitt on 05/15/08 14:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have never owned a new vehicle. I purchased a new car for my wife in February, and went to look at a truck for my brother at the dealership. They asked me if I wanted to trade my wife's old suv in. I told them what I wanted, and they had it on the lot. I cannot say enough about this truck. I love the six cylinder engine. I love the rubber/vinyl floors and vinyl seats. I got the one with regular hubcaps, no chrome wheels, and no chrome on truck. This truck is silver, and draws more questions and attention than the trucks that are tricked out with everything. I could not have ordered one and gotten it as close to what I wanted. Sticker was $24,000.00 after rebates, it was in high teens.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad-cab in NJ is:

$241 per month*