Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

08 Ram 1500 Grill problems
By ram_boy

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Hi All, I have owned this truck for only a few days but in the first 100 kms the plastic grill fell apart. It was obviously broken and mended to look good by the previous owner and the dealer has stated they will help me fix the problem (Nissan). The plastic struts appear to be a weak point for the exterior of this vehicle. Has anybody else had problems? Solutions? Thanks JRM

Ride, Steering, hemi 5.7 litre, towing ability.

plastic grill braeks easily and looks ugly, interior needed update. Running boards should be standard.

Nice Ride
By ray194

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Lots of fun to drive. Great power. Have had no problems with it at all. got to be careful not to spin the 20's on the restart. especially in the wet.

Gittyup and Lifetime powertrain warranty. 20" wheels!

Bring the cup holders up a bit. I've seen pics of newer models. I think they've already addressed this one. on my 08, you almost have to reach to the floor.

Most problematic Truck ever owned!
By isabella8

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this 2008 Dodge Ram in July of 2008, I have had nothing but problems. 3 separate electrical problems, not counting two times with the power windows driver side, a broken spring that has something to do with the air bag, a new starter, a new alternator, and now another electrical problem with thee ignition to the starter. A grand total of over $6,000 in repairs and only have 70,000 miles and use it more for a luxury vehicle than a work vehicle. I would not recommend a Dodge to anyone out there looking to purchase one. I almost failed to mention that they had the audacity to call me and ask me to upgrade to a newer truck after the last electrical problem. WoW!!!

I thing it is one of the sharpest looking trucks out there, but that is all.

Improve electrical system for sure, nothing but problems.

2008 Dodge Big Horn is an Awesome truck
By rr99991

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I drive a 2008 5.7 Hemi, 4x4 quad cab Big Horn. I would highly recommend this truck to anyone. I have owned this truck for 2 years with absolutely no problems with it (Knock on wood). Interior is kinda cheap. Lots of plastic. The body metal dents easily but mechanically it's a fine truck. This is my first dodge truck and I would not hesitate to purchase another. Well worth the money for one tough truck.

Reliability, reliability, reliability. This truck has not let me down. Great in the winter (with snow tires) and 4 x 4. Well worth the money. Much better priced compared to other manufacturers and more options for the money. Tough truck.

Less plastic in the interior and tougher body panels.

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab
By jws298

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Firstly, I looked at many different trucks prior to purchasing my Ram and settled on it as a compromise. After 10 months of ownership I found that I compromised a little too much regarding overall build quality. However, this truck did everything relatively well that I asked it to. It is a blast to drive with 5.7 Hemi option and very well optioned for the price. The biggest issue I noticed was it scratched and dented extremely easily which poses a major challenge when utilizing a truck for its intended use.

Reasonably priced, Great braking, great engine performance, on demand 4x4, Leather interior was durable, very sharp truck black with the chrome package, tows extremely well, decent gas mileage for a larger engine and a full sized truck, the 34 gallon tank was also a plus. Our Local Dodge dealership was actually relatively easy to get along with and was accommodating when they needed to be with minimal persuasion.

Body panels dented really easily, the rear end had to be rebuilt around 42,000 miles (I didn't do any heavy towing) luckily I bought an extended Chrysler warranty otherwise my review wouldn't be as friendly. Invest in top of the bed rails and anything else you can to protect the body. I'd add a rear camera or sensors, power passenger seat, and digital climate control.