Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

A Crash experience
By ejbarney

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am the former owner of a 2008 Dodge Ram with quad cab and a camper shell, and hemi engine. My truck was loaded with all my belongings when I pulled in to the parking lot of a Courtyard Marriot in Lebanon, New Hampshire, close to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Facility. As I eased into a parking space, my foot slipped from brake to accelerator and suddenly I was roaring through a wrought iron fence and flying through the air, down a 100 ft. cliff. I was securely buckled in. I landed on all four wheels and never moved from the comfort of the drivers seat. The engine was still running. The truck is totaled but it is a testament to Dodge that this is one very very tough truck.

I am alive with only a few bumps and bruises and a small cut on my scalp. It was an absolute miracle and I want others to know about this amazing vehicle, There is nothing stronger.

The reality of hd trucks.
By SS

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Here it is folks. I run my trucks in the service industry. I've had Fords, Chevys, and Dodge trucks. I annualy put on 18000 miles per yr on gravel/26000 hwy . If you want reliability(hands down)buy a Dodge diesel. Interior appointments OK but not as nice as Chevys. If you want a nice hiway truck, buy a diesel (expect nickle and dime repairs over 60000 miles lots of them) if you work this truck. Great tranny and motor though. Fords hum. To each his own but I cannot see me purchasing another Ford in the near future.

Dodge trucks have cost me about half in annual repair costs compared to Chevrolet of equivalent build and service. Cummins economy is 19 mpg- 22mpg hwy about the same as duramax depending on temerature outside. Mega cab room is miles ahead of competition. Ride is great with about 600-700lbs in back

Fog lights are easily smashed out by rocks. Suggest making them out of other material that glass, on my third set. Ball joints in front end should be greasable(short lifespan 55000 miles). Availability of drum breaks in rear instead of disc because of short life with use on gravel-(all brands)

• SUV