2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
20,000 mile update
By stgcret on 03/22/10 09:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Well guys & gals, I'm at 21,020 miles and my bighorn 4.7 seems to be getting used to me. The drivers seat seems just a bit more comfortable (with a small tube pillow behind my lower back). I only need it on a long drive. Have not had a single problem so far. When I get my 6th and last free oil change from the dealer (at 25,000 miles), I will go with castrol syntec oil. One thing that I still don't like is the severe depreciation of the model. The sticker on mine was $36,200 and I got it for $22,100 with 1.6 miles on it. Like I read earlier, I feel sorry for the one whom pail close to sticker.

Great buy
By Big Horn on 12/27/09 15:18 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck when Dodge was having the fire sale prices in fall of 2008- the sticker price was a little over $ 34K and I paid $ 18, 250.00 I had always been a Ford man but i couldn't pass up the price. So far the truck has been a pleasant surprise- driven it 30K miles in just over a year- once to Maine and on several long trips. Very comfortable, very nice styling and only a few problems- all taken care of under warranty- the windshield developed a stress crack and one of the front shocks leaked- the stealership replaced both fronts at no charge. Gas mileage is decent as I always average about 19mpg on highway. Those of you who complain about gas mileage should do the speed limit!

tranny problem
By nadine2008 on 11/13/09 20:23 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

So I bought this pickup in late 08, she's bee fantastic until today, went to drive it, wouldn't go into gear, or any gear for tha matter, had to have it towed to dealer, renta vehicle from soewhre else andno haveto wat the days to tell me what's wrong, the transmison will have o be taken apart aparently. Not happy rightnow, the trucks been great until now, do reason to d this, dove fine on Wednsday, now she won't go.

Ok, but those are the brakes
By bphemi on 10/15/09 11:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck and did a couple of minor updates. The biggest issue I've had was that the front brakes locked up 3 times after a long trip. The guy at the Stealership told me that he couldn't find anything wrong? Too which I replied "that must explain the melted calipers and brakes shims lol". They performed a repair and so far so good. I have alignment problems, but I did lift the front 2.5 inches to get more of an aggressive look. Nice truck! It's my second so lets see if it holds up like the first.

08 Ram Hemi
By Garry Withrow on 07/17/09 09:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Dodge truck. Last one was good, so got another. This one has a Hemi/Auto trans/LSD diff. Truck is good fun to drive, with some upgrades: 180 degree T-stat, cold air intake, exhaust, and Diablo tuner- performance 93 octane tune(also turns off that nasty MDS, didn't get a Hemi for gas milage?). Have changed all oil fluids over to Mobil-1, and added PML covers on trans/diff, they add fluid capaicity. Truck goes like stink. But i will stick to severe maintance schedule and change fluids twice as much as normal, the stealership gets enoungh of my money. So far - so good. Garry.

RAM HEMI a WINNER!!!
By RAm lover on 06/08/09 14:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned my 2008 Dodge Ram 5.7L HEMI for about 8 months. I have about 10k miles on the truck and just love it. The power of the HEMI V8 is amazing, it doesn't even feel like you are dirving a truck. I put a flomaster 40 series and elminated the resignators and the sound is amazing, nice and low. The towing capacity of this truck is tops too. I got the Big Horn edition which has the 20' wheels, it's a great package that completes the truck. I have taken my RAM off road many times and it handles great, food ground clearance and great power for moving up and down the rock beds. Also fun in the mud. Great overall truck, and I got mine for half price, about 22k off the sticker.

10,000 mile review
By stgcret on 05/09/09 09:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

In general my Big Horn is a nice truck. I probably should have gone with leather seats as they seemed to be a bit more comfortable. Pretty quite at 75 mph on the interstate. The gas consumption is brutal but hey, it's a truck!

4x4 ... Really?
By DJH on 04/28/09 14:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 1500 SLT Quad Cab Big Horn Edition 4x4 near the end on Jan. I couldn't beat the price and it looks great. The truck runs great but I screwed up when I bought this truck since it has the On-Demand 4x4 system. I warn you all do not buy a truck with these system it WILL go out and dodge has not found a fix yet. I like the truck but hate the 4wd system. It has went out 3 times in the last month. I have not went off road with the truck at all but with this system as soon as you use it a few times it will not engage the 4wd at all or it will lock in low side and not come out. I hope that dodge finds a fix soon or they will be buying back a lot of trucks due to the lemon laws.

2008 Ram 1500 4X4 Lonestar Edition
By Broman on 03/17/09 04:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a 2002 Ram 1500 4X4 SLT before and loved it. The 2008 road much smoother, had more power and with the MDS, got better gas mileage. I love the truck, I love driving in the New England snow...and it has been a bad year for snow this winter. Can't wait to get it out on the sandy beaches. The gas mileage has held true, if I keep my foot off the accelerator. It's hard, because it is too much fun. It wants to break loose on the salted/sanded roads...so you have to take it easy. It turns a lot of heads too. I get a lot of looks and comments.

Ram tough
By Cavegunner on 02/14/09 06:14 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Get truck so far, I love the feel, very comfortable ride with plenty of power in the pedal. Around town gas mileage so far is between 15.5 & 16.4 but I keep my foot out of it too. The 310HP V8 is really nice to have when you need to get out into traffic in a hurry, general set up/layout of the interior is good, exterior goes without saying! Awesome. Hope this review helps, so far the best truck I have every owned and I have had them all in the past.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.