2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Nice Ride
By ray194 on 09/13/13 13:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Lots of fun to drive. Great power. Have had no problems with it at all. got to be careful not to spin the 20's on the restart. especially in the wet.

Most problematic Truck ever owned!
By isabella8 on 01/12/13 12:19 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this 2008 Dodge Ram in July of 2008, I have had nothing but problems. 3 separate electrical problems, not counting two times with the power windows driver side, a broken spring that has something to do with the air bag, a new starter, a new alternator, and now another electrical problem with thee ignition to the starter. A grand total of over $6,000 in repairs and only have 70,000 miles and use it more for a luxury vehicle than a work vehicle. I would not recommend a Dodge to anyone out there looking to purchase one. I almost failed to mention that they had the audacity to call me and ask me to upgrade to a newer truck after the last electrical problem. WoW!!!

2008 Dodge Big Horn is an Awesome truck
By rr99991 on 12/30/12 18:01 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I drive a 2008 5.7 Hemi, 4x4 quad cab Big Horn. I would highly recommend this truck to anyone. I have owned this truck for 2 years with absolutely no problems with it (Knock on wood). Interior is kinda cheap. Lots of plastic. The body metal dents easily but mechanically it's a fine truck. This is my first dodge truck and I would not hesitate to purchase another. Well worth the money for one tough truck.

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab
By jws298 on 10/25/11 17:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Firstly, I looked at many different trucks prior to purchasing my Ram and settled on it as a compromise. After 10 months of ownership I found that I compromised a little too much regarding overall build quality. However, this truck did everything relatively well that I asked it to. It is a blast to drive with 5.7 Hemi option and very well optioned for the price. The biggest issue I noticed was it scratched and dented extremely easily which poses a major challenge when utilizing a truck for its intended use.

BAD TRUCK
By dyet on 10/04/11 06:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

In 2009 I bought a 2008 Ram 1500 3.6L with 9k miles. The truck has been used for transportation only, no hauling or towing, it now has 53K miles. I had to replace the power steering pump $450 and now need a new transmission $1800. Buyer beware, the unlimited powertrain warranty does not transfer. I will not buy another Dodge product. Expensive lesson learned.

Show Stopper
By KSUcountryboy on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am been a Ford guy for a long time, having 2 Fords before purchasing this AWESOME Dodge pick-up. I was coming directly off a Ford Ranger so there was a 'huge' change. I am pullin a trailer more than when i'm not. That 5.7L V8 Hemi can't even compare to the "others." Unlike before, I need to check my mirrors to make sure my trailer is even attached when I'm driving' cause the Hemi pulls it with ease. I plan on putting in a K&N air system, and a performance exhaust to really unleash the beast. Hands down awesome truck!

08 HEMI 5.7L RAM 1500
By COUGAR#76 on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Well I love my first 1/2 ton pickup truck. The mineral gray is a very sharp color and the engine is a monster. I added a K & N cold air intake to my Hemi and it ROARS! Hadn't had one problem since my purchase 5 months ago. The truck had 35,000 on it. I have put 7,000 since and it is well broken in. I changed from the mopar oil to AMSOIL synthetic (7500 mile oil change) with a K&N oil filter which everything is running smooth. I plan on getting new tires as the stock Wranglers are wearing out, probably will be toast by 50,000. Getting Grabbers, best value, fyi. The brakes are ok, but HAWK is probably the brand that will replace my OEM ones.

Big Red
By Marine on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've now reached 30,000 miles on my Hemi Big Horn Quad Cab with only two issues. A mismatched DC adapter caused the entire vehicle to shut down. Had to disconnect the battery to reset the system. Other is a crack in the windshield caused by a rock. This truck is absolutely fantastic. Smooth powerful ride, towing a 7000 lb boat over Cottonwood pass with ease. I consistently average 18 mpg at 75 mph. Heads turn and thumbs up from the style and rich wine red color. I bought this at the end of '08 for $20K off of sticker and I am completely satisfied with this vehicle. Awesome chrome package that other dodge owners have offered to buy time and time again.

Awesome ride
By Mayhem on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Edmunds doesn't have the sport package. I traded my 2004 Durango in when I started having issues with the tranny. This truck is awesome with the Hemi and the 20" tires. I also like the mirrors with the smaller blind spot mirror that swivels up for towing. The sport model is great with the heated seats and the electric sliding rear window. My daughter loves standing on the center console and out the sunroof. The truck rides like a very nice and has the power when I want it. I haven't gotten many comments on the truck and the Sunburst Orange color. This is all around a great truck. Couldn't be happier.

A Crash experience
By ejbarney on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am the former owner of a 2008 Dodge Ram with quad cab and a camper shell, and hemi engine. My truck was loaded with all my belongings when I pulled in to the parking lot of a Courtyard Marriot in Lebanon, New Hampshire, close to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Facility. As I eased into a parking space, my foot slipped from brake to accelerator and suddenly I was roaring through a wrought iron fence and flying through the air, down a 100 ft. cliff. I was securely buckled in. I landed on all four wheels and never moved from the comfort of the drivers seat. The engine was still running. The truck is totaled but it is a testament to Dodge that this is one very very tough truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.