2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: '07 Ram 1500 Reg Cab SLT 4.7,

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

SLT Regular Cab Pickup (4.7L V8 6-speed Manual 6.4 ft. Bed)

'07 Ram 1500 Reg Cab SLT 4.7, 5spd Auto.
By Jason on

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

There was no option for this trim level/cab config. with the 5spd auto, so I had to put this under the 6spd manual. This is my first brand new vehicle, and I love it. I've already put 850 miles on it in the first 8 days of ownership, had 30 when purchased. The 4.7 is more than adequate for the truck, despite a 4,500 pound curb weight. The 5 speed auto shifts smoothly, almost imperceptibly. Nice V8 rumble, even through the stock exhaust. Fit and finish seem to be top notch, on par with or better than my mom's '06 Sonata. Gauges are big and easy to read, nice aqua back-light. Enormous cab, more than enough room for even the tallest person. Roomy center console with the split bench seat.

Favorite Features

Huge cab, huge center console with adjustable dividers, ample door panel storage space, ground clearance, fit & finish, white faced gauges, overhead console, nice factory wheels, keyless entry, power windows (never had a vehicle with them before.) Oh yeah, warranty... lifetime powertrain.

Suggested Improvements

Truck needs a telescoping steering wheel option. Coin holder & console power point should be standard. MDS should be standard on the 4.7 too. Gas mileage is only about 15 combined avg with a light foot. Bring back old school steel bar tailgate supports, no more of this failure-prone cable BS.