2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Much better than expected

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Review

Much better than expected
By pchacker on

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've only had it for about 2 months so far but it is truly awesome! I got the "ThunderRoad" edition, which (as best as I can tell) included bigger/better tires/rims, better stereo/speakers, and nerf step up bars. The ride is quite smooth and the interior is very comfortable. Obviously the mileage isn't "peak", but it's a V8 truck for heavens sake so that really shouldn't be a complaint for any owner - that said, however, I've averaged about 18.5 mpg so far and even have a cellphone snapshot of it hitting 21.1 mpg at one point (all highway driving obviously - but 21.1 in a V8 pickup truck...awesome!)

The high ride and the feeling of overall security. You drive the highway and don't feel you're being moved by a gust of wind off an 18- wheeler...oh, and speaking of, it's so quiet inside - I mean no road noise whatsoever! Oh yeah, and it's American company and American assembly - support the USA.

Only 1 thing - air conditioning. It's a single unit and has no vents in the console for the backseat folks. My wife likes it warmer than I so either she gets cool or I'm too warm, and the kids deal with whatever comes through the vent up front - other than that, it rocks!