2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Great Truck - Lousy Mileage

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

Great Truck - Lousy Mileage
By Tim-in-Arizona on

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I traded my 2005 Dodge SLT 4x4 in on a Cadillac for my Wife, and regretted doing so as I missed it so much, so I bought the 2007 when I had the opportunity. It is a 2007 SLT Sport 4x4 with the Hemi and it is a fantastic truck. It sits outside day and night in uncovered parking in the hot Arizona Sun, and it has never let me down, doesn't over-heat, and the truck still looks like Brand New. The Arizona Heat can cook an interior, but so far, nothing has warped, nor faded. Now mileage totally stinks, and it gets worse mileage with the 8/4 Engine than the V-8 Hemi did in my 2005, and gets roughly the same mileage as my 1973 Dodge Powerwagon did with a 360. It averages only 12 MPG, which stinks!

Power - 345 Horsepower and lots of torque. The Ride - Okay it's a little bumpy, but it is a 4x4 and with the 20 inch rims, it rides a little rough. Visibility - Great visibility with no blind spots.

Mileage - I know a 1/2 Ton 4x4 will not get fantastic mileage, but c'mon, the same mileage as my old 1973 Dodge? Chrysler, you can do better than this! Wind Noise - I get a whistle from the door seal and they could do a better job of sealing the doors to prevent this.