Go Dodge...Go
By repeat rambuyer on
2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)
A loyal Ram 1500 4x4 buyer: 1990, 1999, 2005 & most recently an '07. I had an '05 Ram 1500 quad 4x4 w/Hemi and was disappointed...Poor fuel mileage and a terrible ride. Fitment was also poor. Because I rarely used the 4WD I opted for the 2WD this time. I am very happy with my choice. I got a very good deal at the Dealership (a lost leader deal). With the 4.7 eng I get 20 MPG on the hi-way and it is still new. Off the line it keeps pace with the Hemi, but the Hemi is superior at higher speeds for raw get up and go. Never the less the 4.7 seems to be more than adequate. This revamped model seems to have ironed out the product line's prior deficiencies. It seems to be a very good value.
Favorite Features
Opt for an SLT with the power seat, anti-slip rear-end, sliding r/window, auto trans, tow package and yes the floor mats are optional too. If I could only choose one option it would be the power seat. I can't quite get comfortible in the standard seating arrangement.
Suggested Improvements
The jury is still out on the rear "bubble" tailmaps and the extra large headlamps. Poor handling at high speeds on rough roads.