Excellent choice
By JDL on
2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)
This is a great truck so far. I was immediately attracted to the truck's appearance, but when I drove it I was very pleased with the ride and comfort. Nice quiet ride. I previously owned a Jeep Wrangler, and needed more room and more cargo space. The truck works quite well with our Child Seat and the occasional trip to Lowe's. I purchased the truck with the 4.7l V-8. It's a good engine for getting around the back roads where I live. I don't do much towing, although I did pull an enclosed trailer with ease. I also really like the simple and functional interior. I was raised on GMC's, so purchasing my Dodge was a risk, but so far I am very happy with my choice.
Favorite Features
Decent gas mileage, for a full size truck. Nice interior room. I love the looks of this truck. Ride is excellent, and very comfortable. Sits nice and high. Even though I did not purchase this vehicle to tow, it towed very well, the couple times I have towed.
Suggested Improvements
A little more power from the small V- 8. Coat hangers should be in a better place. Tires are too small. Some type of occasional buzzing sound from the Stereo or speaker. I have talked to other Ram owners who have also experienced this problem, they said the dealership could not locate problem.