Buy this truck
By Van on
2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)
I got the SLT reg cab w/the Hemi, only one I've seen. I was looking at quadcab but suprising amount of room behind seat & I feel that it looks better; a real hot rod stance. Truck is big; size & ride hight seem a lot larger than Ford/Chev. I love the black prl (the crimson color is pretty, but couldnt get 1 w/the Hemi around here). The rack & pinion makes for easy manuvering over old-style idler/pitman arms, parking is no prob. I've put 6500mi on it -city traffic around 14-15mpg, I got 19 yesterday on the hiway at 85mph (thank you MDS). best was 23 on 40mi drive at 55mph. The Hemi is awesome! It pins you to the seat & goes right now. I hung with a Vette from a stop for 1mi. Get a radar detector.
Favorite Features
Large dash knobs for radio/fan controls make for easy adjustments esp w/gloves. Some have said they didnt like the seats but I'm in my truck 6-8 hrs/day. They are wide, deep & supportive. Has a tough, big truck look. Price was right. Rides great. Center console holds my laptop. Power without end...
Suggested Improvements
I am losing 1/2 qt oil between changes - maybe it's a break in thing. Factory installed filter was almost impossible to remove (take advantage of the 1st change from dealer.) Truck sits lower in frt (frt end lift kit anyone?) Floor mats won't last long. Slight blind spot at cab corner. speeding tickets