2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Go Dodge...Go
By repeat rambuyer on 10/25/07 23:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

A loyal Ram 1500 4x4 buyer: 1990, 1999, 2005 & most recently an '07. I had an '05 Ram 1500 quad 4x4 w/Hemi and was disappointed...Poor fuel mileage and a terrible ride. Fitment was also poor. Because I rarely used the 4WD I opted for the 2WD this time. I am very happy with my choice. I got a very good deal at the Dealership (a lost leader deal). With the 4.7 eng I get 20 MPG on the hi-way and it is still new. Off the line it keeps pace with the Hemi, but the Hemi is superior at higher speeds for raw get up and go. Never the less the 4.7 seems to be more than adequate. This revamped model seems to have ironed out the product line's prior deficiencies. It seems to be a very good value.

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT LoneStar Package
By txbanshee on 10/25/07 15:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck, Getting on average 18mpg, Has lots of room, lots of power, and yes its got a Hemi! Has cheap stereo system and seats.

Buy this truck
By Van on 10/10/07 20:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I got the SLT reg cab w/the Hemi, only one I've seen. I was looking at quadcab but suprising amount of room behind seat & I feel that it looks better; a real hot rod stance. Truck is big; size & ride hight seem a lot larger than Ford/Chev. I love the black prl (the crimson color is pretty, but couldnt get 1 w/the Hemi around here). The rack & pinion makes for easy manuvering over old-style idler/pitman arms, parking is no prob. I've put 6500mi on it -city traffic around 14-15mpg, I got 19 yesterday on the hiway at 85mph (thank you MDS). best was 23 on 40mi drive at 55mph. The Hemi is awesome! It pins you to the seat & goes right now. I hung with a Vette from a stop for 1mi. Get a radar detector.

Second Big Ram Best yet
By Michael B. on 10/07/07 18:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just traded my 2005 Ram SLT1500 with 4.7 liter V8 for a 2007 Ram Big Horn Edition SLT1500 with 5.7 liter Hemi multi-displacement engine. I was looking for the higher tow rating and the lifetime warranty (however my 2005 had a nice extended Mopar 7/70 warranty on the powertrain). The 2007 is a wonderful truck. The Big Horn comes with 20 inch wheels that look super but may take a little away in the towing department. The Blue Tooth hook up is great as is the satellite radio. Both of those items are in demand and appreciated. The chassis is excellent for driving and pleasing to tow with. Nothing beats the look of a big Ram. I got a great deal too as the 2008's (with less rated HP) were here!

Top Notch...almost!
By Mike on 10/07/07 17:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

More than avg mileage on it first 9-months. Around town, yep, MPG falls to 13-15. My truck has Hemi with multi-displacement engine, since a lot of my 14,500 miles highway I see nearly 20 MPG! Thats pretty great considering size. My former vehicle a 4-Runner got around that MPG but 'hated' that thing! I have the big-daddy 20's and aluminum rims, look much hotter than chrome! All in all I love this truck. OK, one bad part, has had weird transmission issues. When placing in reverse a grinding meshing sound occurs sporadically. Its actually in shop now, I hated to take it in I love driving it. Providing that isn't a major long term issue I will be more than happy to recommend this truck 100%!

Mileage-Mileage-not
By STANLEY on 09/27/07 11:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got the truck to tow a travel trailer. I'm sure it will do that just fine. The mega-cab has great room for everyone to sit comfortably. I traded in a Dakota quad-cab on this truck. I had the 4.7 V-8 and got 19 MPG on the highway. I’m very dissatisfied with the mileage of the 1500. I know I got the Hemi. But I’m only getting 12.5 miles per gallon of mid-grade gas and I don’t gun it.

Some remorse
By Chris on 09/25/07 20:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this Dodge based on the styling, a short test drive and aggressive pricing I was able to obtain. After 3,600 miles, I am wishing I had checked a few of the options boxes differently or gone with the competition. I liked the looks of the 20" rim and tire package available as part of the "Big Horn" package. Living with this wheel and tire package on a daily basis is tough. The ride quality is horrible, especially on broken pavement but its not smooth even on fresh pavement. I have seen this complaint on other reviews and I would recommend not getting the 20" rims and tires. I also find the seats very stiff and lacking in upper lateral support. If your bigger this will be fine.

Great truck, but thirsty
By 1STDODGE on 09/22/07 23:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first Dodge and so far am extremely satisfied with the exception of the fuel economy. Best I have gotten on complete interstate driving at 70 mph is 15.6. Mostly I average around 13. That's after installing a Magna Flow exhaust system (added 1 - 1.5 mpg). Color, trim, wheels, etc. are amazing and people are always telling me how great it looks. Rides like a dream and plenty of power.

Great Value
By Adam on 09/14/07 14:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased my Quad Cab 1500 Laramie after looking at all of the major competitors. Each one offers nice features, but, the Dodge gave me the most for my money. Got the leather, premium wheels, Hemi, satelitte radio, power seats and much more for the same price as other Brands base models. It was too big of a difference to pass up!

'07 Ram 1500 Reg Cab SLT 4.7, 5spd Auto.
By Jason on 08/28/07 22:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

There was no option for this trim level/cab config. with the 5spd auto, so I had to put this under the 6spd manual. This is my first brand new vehicle, and I love it. I've already put 850 miles on it in the first 8 days of ownership, had 30 when purchased. The 4.7 is more than adequate for the truck, despite a 4,500 pound curb weight. The 5 speed auto shifts smoothly, almost imperceptibly. Nice V8 rumble, even through the stock exhaust. Fit and finish seem to be top notch, on par with or better than my mom's '06 Sonata. Gauges are big and easy to read, nice aqua back-light. Enormous cab, more than enough room for even the tallest person. Roomy center console with the split bench seat.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.