Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

2007 Ram 4x4 review
By billy25685

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

First off I must mention this truck has the old model 4.7L motor and not a Hemi or the 250HP 4.7L that came out later in 2007. The truck has been fun to drive aside from being a bit underpowered on the freeway. I have used the 4x4 on weekend excursions and the truck is plenty comfortable for longer vacations.

Favorite Features

4x4, V-8, tinted windows, containment tray behind the seats, fold-down center console, tow hooks, towing package

Suggested Improvements

I have been having problems with the truck occasionally not starting. The dealership replaced the WCM and it did it again a week later. Nobody seems to know a permanent solution.

A man's mans truck!
By brandon jones

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is by far the best truck I've driven or rode in. The 5.7 has nothing but power. Fuel economy around 18 on hwy at 65. Around 14 in city. The backseat is huge. I have a friend that's 6'4 and has plenty of leg room. The heated leather seats and sound system are awesome. I have no complaints. Compliments everywhere I go. I. Bought with intentions of a family vehicle and it will serve great for that and work. The rear room is more than any SUV or car. By far the best vehicle I've ever had.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, infinity sound, leg room, comfortable leather, lots of power, great looks and plenty of room.

Suggested Improvements

Padded middle console, memory seats,

Much better than expected
By pchacker

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've only had it for about 2 months so far but it is truly awesome! I got the "ThunderRoad" edition, which (as best as I can tell) included bigger/better tires/rims, better stereo/speakers, and nerf step up bars. The ride is quite smooth and the interior is very comfortable. Obviously the mileage isn't "peak", but it's a V8 truck for heavens sake so that really shouldn't be a complaint for any owner - that said, however, I've averaged about 18.5 mpg so far and even have a cellphone snapshot of it hitting 21.1 mpg at one point (all highway driving obviously - but 21.1 in a V8 pickup truck...awesome!)

Favorite Features

The high ride and the feeling of overall security. You drive the highway and don't feel you're being moved by a gust of wind off an 18- wheeler...oh, and speaking of, it's so quiet inside - I mean no road noise whatsoever! Oh yeah, and it's American company and American assembly - support the USA.

Suggested Improvements

Only 1 thing - air conditioning. It's a single unit and has no vents in the console for the backseat folks. My wife likes it warmer than I so either she gets cool or I'm too warm, and the kids deal with whatever comes through the vent up front - other than that, it rocks!

Decent truck but 4WD is not that strong
By Justin

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Overall this truck has been excellent for the money. My 07 4.7L Ram 4X4 has plenty of space and offers a very comfortable ride. Have had no problems except for with the 4WD system. I have 25K and have already had a problem with the front drive axles slipping off the front diff splines making it very difficult to drive in the snow. As of yet no word on whether Dodge will fix it under warranty. Transmission does shift difficult at times but other then that excellent mpg. ranging anywhere from 12-22MPG depending on city or freeway driving.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior, comfortable and cleanly layed out. Drives like a car with all the benefits of a truck.

Suggested Improvements

4WD needs to be stronger and more durable then it has proved to be.

Great American Truck!
By Mostang

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've always been a muscle car guy. When I test drove my 5.7 Hemi (Big Horn Edition) i enjoyed having that power on demand. This truck was the best value for the buck. Hands down. Plus the lifetime warranty is unmatched. I've had the truck for over a year now and have not had a single problem. Great for Hauling my muscle cars around! Actually gets better fuel economy while towing on the hwy! This is my first truck and what an amazing truck it is!

Favorite Features

Power on demand and the way it handles like a regular car. Not all sluggish like some large vehicle!

Suggested Improvements

Make nerf bars a standard option!