2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Good solid truck
By Scooty4722 on 03/27/09 09:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have to say overall I love my truck. It's not perfect though. The gas mileage has never really improved that much, the driver door doesn't seal very well and at highway speed there is a lot of wind noise. I have a leak from the front (probably by the looks of it the front trans axle) which is going for service next week, the Hemi engine when driving at highway speeds and switches to 4 cylinders will cause wheel spin on ice/black ice. This is a major problem for those of us north of the border in the winter! I also pull a 29' camper trailer with my truck and I wish I upgraded to the 2500 when I purchased my truck 2 years ago. Overall I am happy, but I will consider a Ford next time.

Tailgate
By tedandsue on 03/15/09 06:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall I have enjoyed this vehicle. But I am having a ton of problems with the tailgate. It is really hard to close at times, or it won't even stay shut.

One awesome truck
By jordan on 02/25/09 03:45 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

We have owned GM vehicles always and we were looking for a good lease deal. Dodge was the greatest. We hesitated getting Dodge because what some people say but that truck had such an extreme hard life and never left us stranded. Never any transmission problems or anything. Up huge hills with 5 snowmobiles on the back of a trailer to the rug, burnout competitions, snowmobile trails you name it and it did it. It went awesome but the lease is now up. At 33k it still goes like new!

Bad luck with this one
By BWL on 02/07/09 02:39 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Truck ran fine until it hit 2,500 miles, then it was a check engine light, after getting truck back from dealer all warning lights would come on at the same time when the temperature got over 95 degrees outside and the truck would start cutting out and would not start on occasion. After being left stranded three times and no fix from Dodge we took a loss and traded it. Might have had better luck at a different dealer service department.

Much better than expected
By pchacker on 01/05/09 11:29 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've only had it for about 2 months so far but it is truly awesome! I got the "ThunderRoad" edition, which (as best as I can tell) included bigger/better tires/rims, better stereo/speakers, and nerf step up bars. The ride is quite smooth and the interior is very comfortable. Obviously the mileage isn't "peak", but it's a V8 truck for heavens sake so that really shouldn't be a complaint for any owner - that said, however, I've averaged about 18.5 mpg so far and even have a cellphone snapshot of it hitting 21.1 mpg at one point (all highway driving obviously - but 21.1 in a V8 pickup truck...awesome!)

Decent truck but 4WD is not that strong
By Justin on 12/22/08 11:27 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Overall this truck has been excellent for the money. My 07 4.7L Ram 4X4 has plenty of space and offers a very comfortable ride. Have had no problems except for with the 4WD system. I have 25K and have already had a problem with the front drive axles slipping off the front diff splines making it very difficult to drive in the snow. As of yet no word on whether Dodge will fix it under warranty. Transmission does shift difficult at times but other then that excellent mpg. ranging anywhere from 12-22MPG depending on city or freeway driving.

Great American Truck!
By Mostang on 11/16/08 04:26 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've always been a muscle car guy. When I test drove my 5.7 Hemi (Big Horn Edition) i enjoyed having that power on demand. This truck was the best value for the buck. Hands down. Plus the lifetime warranty is unmatched. I've had the truck for over a year now and have not had a single problem. Great for Hauling my muscle cars around! Actually gets better fuel economy while towing on the hwy! This is my first truck and what an amazing truck it is!

I wouldn't buy this truck again
By Fecomosis on 11/02/08 20:41 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I own the 07 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab with the 4.7 V8 automatic. About every 2-3 months there's always something crapping out in it. Off the lot it had a module bad, that wouldn't allow the keys to program. Starting issues that are still not resolved because it wont duplicate when the techs are looking at it. Both fog lights broke. They fixed that. About 3 months later check engine light. Some canister failed. Took 2 weeks to fix that. 9 Month mark, trucks starts to pull. They replaced a bushing. Took 2wks for that, still pulling. They aligned my truck to a faulty machine..they admitted their machine was bad and got that fixed. Radiator fan will grind under heavy stress and engine temps.

Dodge Issues
By bit_by_k9 on 10/27/08 10:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first Dodge. I love the truck but will not be able to keep it after warranty. The engine light comes on with regularity. Luckily warranty has covered the new computer, all the code checks, leaking shock, wind noise adjustments. Warranty has not covered my TIME to bring the truck in and wait. If Dodge could fix this issue I would love the truck but will not be able to afford it after the warranty. My advice, lease one.

Get the hemi
By massguy on 08/22/08 12:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Dodge Ram and I purchase the 2007 5.7 hemi. The engine gets great gas mileage compared to the 4.7. On a flat highway going 55 to 60 mph this truck clocks 30 to 31 miles per gallon.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.