Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Good Truck
By bmoore

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 2007 four dour with the 4.7 V8 flex fuel. I'm very impressed with its power. I'm so impressed with it that if someone told me it was a hemi, I would have believed them. I got a good deal on this truck used. It rides like a truck with the 20 inch wheels, but it's fun! It's a real man's truck.

Favorite Features

Style, Fun to drive, nice truck look, rides like a truck - but somehow that's a good thing in this particular truck

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats, but overall, very happy

My fourth and best Ram
By Scott

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Ram, and the best so far. This is my first Laramie and my first Hemi. I have had two with the small 8, and one with the 6 which I was very happy to part with. The Laramie is very comfortable and fun on the inside, it is hard to believe you are in a truck with all the features. It is a far cry from my first Ram with steel floor panels and manual windows with a cassette deck.

Favorite Features

I like the organization of the interior. I also like the navigation cd changer with the bluetooth phone option.

Suggested Improvements

I think my only complaint would be the fuel milage. It would be a perfect truck if I didn't have to fill it up so often. According to the computer, it is averaging 13.9, which is not too good considering all the advances in fuel technology.

A Well Built Truck That Does The Job
By A Well Built Truck

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4.7 V8. It does have a very good ride & I believe that it's built very well compared to older dodge vehicles. The Ac freezes me out & stays COLD even at a dead stop. A lot of GM trucks I had ran hot & Ac went to crap after 15 mins of sitting time. The 4.7 does struggle but if your not a major tow guy it's not a problem. The trans does also seem pretty solid for 60k miles & no problems. A good truck over all. I also love the aux fans that run. This way I know my AC is cold when I get in & my temp gauge isn't HOT.

Favorite Features

Factory I pod wire. Frosty AC even after sitting for a hour. Temp gauge does not move it sits at the same temp weather it's 5 mins of idling or over an hour. Lot of GM trucks ran hot with me so it's nice to not worry about stuff like that.

Suggested Improvements

Radio could be louder. A little more power for the 4.7 Go with the hemi it's only like a 2 miles gas difference.

120,000 Miles RAM1500 w/HEMI Still Strong
By ram002

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

OK. I come from a GM family. So when I bought the Dodge RAM 1500 w/HEMI, I was a little apprehensive, well a lot apprehensive. I bought it new, well a demo. After driving it as my daily driver and work truck, I love it. The truck has had two maintenance problems. First the water pump went bad at approximately 90,000 miles. Then the wheel hub bearing went bad at 110,000 miles. Both easy fixes, I did it myself, cost me less than $200 each repair. Stay away from the dealerships. They wanted $700 and $1200 for each repair, respectively. Fuel Mileage is great for this size truck, HWY: 20mpg(at 65mph), City: 16mpg (minimize traffic stops). Overall, Great truck.

Favorite Features

HEMI Engine.

Love My Dodge Ram !!!!
By Love My Dodge Ram

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

i been own my dodge ram for 2 and half years now and i only got 21000 miles on it now ...gas milage not really good when i first brought the truck ..but ..someone told me put k&n air filter and dual exhaust with magiumflow and got 2 half gal more ..right now un getting 17 in city and about 19 and sometime 20 on hwy...this truck being a good truck for me i which dodge would bring the 4.7 back to 318 ...i got 20 inch wheel which it came with truck..i got $5000 into this truck ..almost a show truck

Favorite Features

power tran holding up good with NO probelm ..everybody that ride with me tell me it ride good,,,,

Suggested Improvements

better gas milage and little more hourse power on 4.7