Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Ram-pickup-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Great Truck
By Mike

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this truck for about 90,000 miles now and have all of them trouble free. I wish that the gas would be a bit better but other than that, i cannot complain

Favorite Features

v8 hemi, easy to pull boats

Suggested Improvements

i only get 12 MPG mixed city and highway and i don't have a lead foot. if it gets 12-14 mpg just say it, don't say 14-16

Good Truck
By bmoore

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 2007 four dour with the 4.7 V8 flex fuel. I'm very impressed with its power. I'm so impressed with it that if someone told me it was a hemi, I would have believed them. I got a good deal on this truck used. It rides like a truck with the 20 inch wheels, but it's fun! It's a real man's truck.

Favorite Features

Style, Fun to drive, nice truck look, rides like a truck - but somehow that's a good thing in this particular truck

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats, but overall, very happy

Nice truck but hard on gas
By Shane

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Ram and third Dodge. I do like driving it, but it doesn't get near the mileage the window sticker says it should (I had a V8 Dakota and the mileage matched the sticker's figures). The truck is pretty much loaded and hasn't given me any problems. It starts great in cold Canadian winters. The 20 inch wheels look nice, but you get a bumpy ride with them. The rear bumper and side steps are starting to rust already. Will probably try another brand when the lease is up.

Favorite Features

Hemi power, Uconnect phone, DVD player, nice stereo, and the overall appearance of the truck.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, seats aren't the best, jumpy ride, stock tires are terrible, if it wasn't 4X4 I'd get stuck every day in the winter.

Big Horn Edition
By Sammy

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

We haven't had this truck very long but so far we are very impressed! We expected horrible gas mileage after reading reviews but it gets about 15 in town and 20-21 on the highway. That is all we can ask of a 4WD truck. We bought the 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab Big Horn Edition and it seems to be built well and it is fun to drive. It did not have a tow package on it so we told the dealer that we would not buy it without one. They put one on for us immediately :) Ours has the 4.7 V-8 and it has plenty of power. We traded in our 2002 Ford F- 150 with 170,000 and it was tough because the Ford still had no issues. We are happy with our choice though!! Hoping for MANY MANY miles of enjoyment!!

Favorite Features

Handling, stability, and engine.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage of course, however, we don't expect that a truck will ever get the gas mileage of a Honda.... :)

LOVE THIS TRUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Patrick

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

when I bought this truck I drove a Ford and Toyota.They all drove nice, the dodge seemed to have more space in the Quad Cab. but out of fairness to the other two trucks they where extended cab trucks. but the pricing was the same I feel that I got more truck for the money, by me buying the ram. fuel mileage is on par with the other manufactures. after all this is not an economy car if your looking to save gas buy Honda civic,or something similar.I would recommend this truck.

Favorite Features

HEMI engine,and it looks like and feels like a real truck.

Suggested Improvements

They should make step ups or running boards standard it is a bit of a leap up into the seat