Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

120,000 Miles RAM1500 w/HEMI Still Strong
By ram002

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

OK. I come from a GM family. So when I bought the Dodge RAM 1500 w/HEMI, I was a little apprehensive, well a lot apprehensive. I bought it new, well a demo. After driving it as my daily driver and work truck, I love it. The truck has had two maintenance problems. First the water pump went bad at approximately 90,000 miles. Then the wheel hub bearing went bad at 110,000 miles. Both easy fixes, I did it myself, cost me less than $200 each repair. Stay away from the dealerships. They wanted $700 and $1200 for each repair, respectively. Fuel Mileage is great for this size truck, HWY: 20mpg(at 65mph), City: 16mpg (minimize traffic stops). Overall, Great truck.

Favorite Features

HEMI Engine.

My fourth and best Ram
By Scott

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Ram, and the best so far. This is my first Laramie and my first Hemi. I have had two with the small 8, and one with the 6 which I was very happy to part with. The Laramie is very comfortable and fun on the inside, it is hard to believe you are in a truck with all the features. It is a far cry from my first Ram with steel floor panels and manual windows with a cassette deck.

Favorite Features

I like the organization of the interior. I also like the navigation cd changer with the bluetooth phone option.

Suggested Improvements

I think my only complaint would be the fuel milage. It would be a perfect truck if I didn't have to fill it up so often. According to the computer, it is averaging 13.9, which is not too good considering all the advances in fuel technology.

A Man's Man Truck
By nn

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third Ram. I really like the fit and finish. Truck is solid and sure. Towing is very good. 20 inch rims are awesome. Had a LWB and got a SWB this time and it makes a difference in the parking lots. Plenty of Power..MPG has something to be desired but I knew that when I got it. Make sure you use the cruise otherwise it has a tendancy to take off and you dont know it. MDS works OK. Rear tail lights are awesome.

Favorite Features

Everything in the cab is at you finger tips, flat floor in back, storage under the seats. plenty of Power outlets, 200 inch rims, The Hemi, the styling. Ipod plug in on radio

Suggested Improvements

Sirius radio should display everything making it easier to find channels, Gas Mileage, Owners manual should be easier to understand in some sections, The extra plug outlets are in really strange places. Should have a place you can plug cell in in center consol where charging cord can come out.

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT LoneStar Package
By txbanshee

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck, Getting on average 18mpg, Has lots of room, lots of power, and yes its got a Hemi! Has cheap stereo system and seats.

Favorite Features

Hemi power, height of truck, and interior room.

Suggested Improvements

Seats and stereo system

Second Big Ram Best yet
By Michael B.

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just traded my 2005 Ram SLT1500 with 4.7 liter V8 for a 2007 Ram Big Horn Edition SLT1500 with 5.7 liter Hemi multi-displacement engine. I was looking for the higher tow rating and the lifetime warranty (however my 2005 had a nice extended Mopar 7/70 warranty on the powertrain). The 2007 is a wonderful truck. The Big Horn comes with 20 inch wheels that look super but may take a little away in the towing department. The Blue Tooth hook up is great as is the satellite radio. Both of those items are in demand and appreciated. The chassis is excellent for driving and pleasing to tow with. Nothing beats the look of a big Ram. I got a great deal too as the 2008's (with less rated HP) were here!

Favorite Features

Hemi. Satellite radio. Bluetooth. Looks. Available packages. Tow mirrors. 3.92:1 axle. Big 20 inch wheels. Build quality. Paint color choices & interior color choices.

Suggested Improvements

Work on fuel mileage Mr. Mopar. I would like to see 20MPG for everyday driving. That is not asking too much.