2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L V8 5-speed Automatic 6.4 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Ram-pickup-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

2007 Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
120,000 Miles RAM1500 w/HEMI Still Strong
By ram002

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

OK. I come from a GM family. So when I bought the Dodge RAM 1500 w/HEMI, I was a little apprehensive, well a lot apprehensive. I bought it new, well a demo. After driving it as my daily driver and work truck, I love it. The truck has had two maintenance problems. First the water pump went bad at approximately 90,000 miles. Then the wheel hub bearing went bad at 110,000 miles. Both easy fixes, I did it myself, cost me less than $200 each repair. Stay away from the dealerships. They wanted $700 and $1200 for each repair, respectively. Fuel Mileage is great for this size truck, HWY: 20mpg(at 65mph), City: 16mpg (minimize traffic stops). Overall, Great truck.

Favorite Features

HEMI Engine.

My fourth and best Ram
By Scott

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Ram, and the best so far. This is my first Laramie and my first Hemi. I have had two with the small 8, and one with the 6 which I was very happy to part with. The Laramie is very comfortable and fun on the inside, it is hard to believe you are in a truck with all the features. It is a far cry from my first Ram with steel floor panels and manual windows with a cassette deck.

Favorite Features

I like the organization of the interior. I also like the navigation cd changer with the bluetooth phone option.

Suggested Improvements

I think my only complaint would be the fuel milage. It would be a perfect truck if I didn't have to fill it up so often. According to the computer, it is averaging 13.9, which is not too good considering all the advances in fuel technology.

A Man's Man Truck
By nn

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third Ram. I really like the fit and finish. Truck is solid and sure. Towing is very good. 20 inch rims are awesome. Had a LWB and got a SWB this time and it makes a difference in the parking lots. Plenty of Power..MPG has something to be desired but I knew that when I got it. Make sure you use the cruise otherwise it has a tendancy to take off and you dont know it. MDS works OK. Rear tail lights are awesome.

Favorite Features

Everything in the cab is at you finger tips, flat floor in back, storage under the seats. plenty of Power outlets, 200 inch rims, The Hemi, the styling. Ipod plug in on radio

Suggested Improvements

Sirius radio should display everything making it easier to find channels, Gas Mileage, Owners manual should be easier to understand in some sections, The extra plug outlets are in really strange places. Should have a place you can plug cell in in center consol where charging cord can come out.

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT LoneStar Package
By txbanshee

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck, Getting on average 18mpg, Has lots of room, lots of power, and yes its got a Hemi! Has cheap stereo system and seats.

Favorite Features

Hemi power, height of truck, and interior room.

Suggested Improvements

Seats and stereo system

Second Big Ram Best yet
By Michael B.

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just traded my 2005 Ram SLT1500 with 4.7 liter V8 for a 2007 Ram Big Horn Edition SLT1500 with 5.7 liter Hemi multi-displacement engine. I was looking for the higher tow rating and the lifetime warranty (however my 2005 had a nice extended Mopar 7/70 warranty on the powertrain). The 2007 is a wonderful truck. The Big Horn comes with 20 inch wheels that look super but may take a little away in the towing department. The Blue Tooth hook up is great as is the satellite radio. Both of those items are in demand and appreciated. The chassis is excellent for driving and pleasing to tow with. Nothing beats the look of a big Ram. I got a great deal too as the 2008's (with less rated HP) were here!

Favorite Features

Hemi. Satellite radio. Bluetooth. Looks. Available packages. Tow mirrors. 3.92:1 axle. Big 20 inch wheels. Build quality. Paint color choices & interior color choices.

Suggested Improvements

Work on fuel mileage Mr. Mopar. I would like to see 20MPG for everyday driving. That is not asking too much.

Great Value
By Adam

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased my Quad Cab 1500 Laramie after looking at all of the major competitors. Each one offers nice features, but, the Dodge gave me the most for my money. Got the leather, premium wheels, Hemi, satelitte radio, power seats and much more for the same price as other Brands base models. It was too big of a difference to pass up!

Favorite Features

Seating position with power seats, audio controls on the back of the steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

Make the dual zone climate control digital like in other Chrysler/Dodge vehicles

Top of the line
By shaun

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love this truck. I test drove different models of trucks for 3 weeks before I decided on the Ram. I could not be happier. Power, looks, style, you name it, this truck has it. The ride is so smooth it's like gliding down the highway. Expecting my first child and therefore took a close look at all features of the trucks I looked at. Hands down, Dodge took the cake. I get a safe vehicle for my wife and child. And, I still get to ride in a very sporty and great looking truck. Already had a garmin so didn't need the nav system or bluetooth. However, all of the other upgrades make this truck the king of trucks.

Favorite Features

I love the smooth ride and the aggressive look of the exterior. The heated seats and dual side airconditioning are definitely a plus. I love the design of the leather seats and how the rear seats fold up to expose more storage and a fold down floor panel. This truck is a real head turner.

Suggested Improvements

Well, one would definitely not purchase this truck because they were looking to save on gas. Not sure I am even getting the 14 miles Dodge claims. The design of the interior (knobs for stereo and A/C controls) may be a bit outdated.

Love that Hemi
By Jeremy

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the 2007 Big Horn SLT 4Dr Quad Cab SB 5.7L HEMI. And I love that truck. More power than I need, but I like having it. The truck looks great sitting on those 20in rims. All around a very nice truck. I have not had any trouble at all with fit or fininsh, that was the only thing I was worried about before buying it. I guess the guy that put my truck together was on top of his game that day.

Favorite Features

Satellite radio and those 20in rims (just not looking forward to replacing those tires).

Suggested Improvements

I wish the gas mileage was better, but I knew what it was going in, so I guess I can't complain.

Hemi Ram's Rule
By manuel zarate jr

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the look of the Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi. It has that man's man truck look and the power to back that look. Match that with the massive 20" chrome wheels and the truck has that "Git-outa-my-way" attitude that the competition works hard to protray,but never achieves.

Favorite Features

I like the relationship Dodge has developed with Sirius radio that gives us a great choice. Once again, the Hemi rules and I like knowing I've got the omph if I need it.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the cab had a little more room compared to my '01 Dodge. Also,the brake pedal is too close to the gas pedal. More than once have I stepped on the brake when removing the shift lever from stop to reverse and hit both pedals at once. You can just imagine the reving of the engine and braking at once

Everything you'd want in a truck
By SCHemi

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Looks, power, comfort. This is a great truck. I love the navigation, heated seats, and the Hemi! I would hate to live without the Bluetooth feature. It is a must have. Power is always on tap, and the truck is very smooth on the interstate.

Favorite Features

Nav, Bluetooth, styling.

Suggested Improvements

Better powertrain warranty.