Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

v6 6speed manual tranny
By Proud Dodge Owner

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Truck is a little slow on pick up when towing, but then again it's a v6.
Does great mpg on highway (I get 22mpg avg) & unless you tell someone, you can't tell it's a smaller engine.
If you want a full size truck without the full size mpg, I recommend it.

120,000 Miles RAM1500 w/HEMI Still Strong
By ram002

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

OK. I come from a GM family. So when I bought the Dodge RAM 1500 w/HEMI, I was a little apprehensive, well a lot apprehensive. I bought it new, well a demo. After driving it as my daily driver and work truck, I love it. The truck has had two maintenance problems. First the water pump went bad at approximately 90,000 miles. Then the wheel hub bearing went bad at 110,000 miles. Both easy fixes, I did it myself, cost me less than $200 each repair. Stay away from the dealerships. They wanted $700 and $1200 for each repair, respectively. Fuel Mileage is great for this size truck, HWY: 20mpg(at 65mph), City: 16mpg (minimize traffic stops). Overall, Great truck.

HEMI Engine.

wouldnt own another truck!!
By ramforever

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my ram 1500 new in 2007. I loved the truck as soon as i sat in the seat. one of the first things i did was tinted the windows and added vent visors. then added dual exhaust out the corners of bumper. The only part of the truck that I didn't like was the mds system it did nothing for gas mileage all it did was make the truck jerk every time it cut in and out. and also the transmission was to smooth for my liking, I bought an Edge programmer to take care of that, adding extra power and firmer quicker shifts, night and day difference. eventually wore through the crappy good year tires they had on it and added cooper zeon ltz tires this also improved ride stability. Loved that truck

Power,Towing, Roomy, reliability, looks, durability

interior kind of plain, week tie rod ends, went out under 30,000 miles and dealer would not replace.

A Well Built Truck That Does The Job
By A Well Built Truck

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4.7 V8. It does have a very good ride & I believe that it's built very well compared to older dodge vehicles. The Ac freezes me out & stays COLD even at a dead stop. A lot of GM trucks I had ran hot & Ac went to crap after 15 mins of sitting time. The 4.7 does struggle but if your not a major tow guy it's not a problem. The trans does also seem pretty solid for 60k miles & no problems. A good truck over all. I also love the aux fans that run. This way I know my AC is cold when I get in & my temp gauge isn't HOT.

Factory I pod wire. Frosty AC even after sitting for a hour. Temp gauge does not move it sits at the same temp weather it's 5 mins of idling or over an hour. Lot of GM trucks ran hot with me so it's nice to not worry about stuff like that.

Radio could be louder. A little more power for the 4.7 Go with the hemi it's only like a 2 miles gas difference.

Good/Bad Vibrations
By Mixed Emotions

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I made this purchase due to the fact that it looks like a real truck and not something from the future. Great looks and plenty of power. One negative being vibration problems that no one can seem to figure out. After a new set of Michelin tires and trans check and drive shaft check the problem still exists. I have one more who wants to take a look at it and if nothing develops to correct problem I guess I will take a major hit on trading it for something else. Not the experience I expected for something described as Ram Tough.

Always gets the looks, Hemi power.

Gas mileage (I know it's a Hemi) and someone qualified to diagnose problems that arise...