2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
120,000 Miles RAM1500 w/HEMI Still Strong
By ram002 on 09/17/13 10:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

OK. I come from a GM family. So when I bought the Dodge RAM 1500 w/HEMI, I was a little apprehensive, well a lot apprehensive. I bought it new, well a demo. After driving it as my daily driver and work truck, I love it. The truck has had two maintenance problems. First the water pump went bad at approximately 90,000 miles. Then the wheel hub bearing went bad at 110,000 miles. Both easy fixes, I did it myself, cost me less than $200 each repair. Stay away from the dealerships. They wanted $700 and $1200 for each repair, respectively. Fuel Mileage is great for this size truck, HWY: 20mpg(at 65mph), City: 16mpg (minimize traffic stops). Overall, Great truck.

wouldnt own another truck!!
By ramforever on 01/28/12 04:07 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my ram 1500 new in 2007. I loved the truck as soon as i sat in the seat. one of the first things i did was tinted the windows and added vent visors. then added dual exhaust out the corners of bumper. The only part of the truck that I didn't like was the mds system it did nothing for gas mileage all it did was make the truck jerk every time it cut in and out. and also the transmission was to smooth for my liking, I bought an Edge programmer to take care of that, adding extra power and firmer quicker shifts, night and day difference. eventually wore through the crappy good year tires they had on it and added cooper zeon ltz tires this also improved ride stability. Loved that truck

A Well Built Truck That Does The Job
By A Well Built Truck on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4.7 V8. It does have a very good ride & I believe that it's built very well compared to older dodge vehicles. The Ac freezes me out & stays COLD even at a dead stop. A lot of GM trucks I had ran hot & Ac went to crap after 15 mins of sitting time. The 4.7 does struggle but if your not a major tow guy it's not a problem. The trans does also seem pretty solid for 60k miles & no problems. A good truck over all. I also love the aux fans that run. This way I know my AC is cold when I get in & my temp gauge isn't HOT.

Good/Bad Vibrations
By Mixed Emotions on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I made this purchase due to the fact that it looks like a real truck and not something from the future. Great looks and plenty of power. One negative being vibration problems that no one can seem to figure out. After a new set of Michelin tires and trans check and drive shaft check the problem still exists. I have one more who wants to take a look at it and if nothing develops to correct problem I guess I will take a major hit on trading it for something else. Not the experience I expected for something described as Ram Tough.

Worthless
By billy970 on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is a great truck for someone who doesn't have to have a truck. It struggles pulling my 5000 lbs boat, my 3000 lbs trailer. squats real bad if I put over 300 lbs in the bed. The interior looks like it started out with good intentions but falls real short for usable spaces, like the cubbyhole in the dash, anything you put in there will fall out the first time you take off. I have a blackberry phone and I cant set it anywhere because it will end up under the back seat. At 82,000 miles the the motor that controls the transfer case went bad, at 89,000 miles some transmission part went bad that made me have to shift it manually, at 95,000 I lost a front axle.

Great Truck
By Mike on 05/09/10 08:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this truck for about 90,000 miles now and have all of them trouble free. I wish that the gas would be a bit better but other than that, i cannot complain

Good Truck
By bmoore on 03/18/10 20:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 2007 four dour with the 4.7 V8 flex fuel. I'm very impressed with its power. I'm so impressed with it that if someone told me it was a hemi, I would have believed them. I got a good deal on this truck used. It rides like a truck with the 20 inch wheels, but it's fun! It's a real man's truck.

Nice truck but hard on gas
By Shane on 03/10/10 23:07 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Ram and third Dodge. I do like driving it, but it doesn't get near the mileage the window sticker says it should (I had a V8 Dakota and the mileage matched the sticker's figures). The truck is pretty much loaded and hasn't given me any problems. It starts great in cold Canadian winters. The 20 inch wheels look nice, but you get a bumpy ride with them. The rear bumper and side steps are starting to rust already. Will probably try another brand when the lease is up.

Big Horn Edition
By Sammy on 03/01/10 10:19 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

We haven't had this truck very long but so far we are very impressed! We expected horrible gas mileage after reading reviews but it gets about 15 in town and 20-21 on the highway. That is all we can ask of a 4WD truck. We bought the 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab Big Horn Edition and it seems to be built well and it is fun to drive. It did not have a tow package on it so we told the dealer that we would not buy it without one. They put one on for us immediately :) Ours has the 4.7 V-8 and it has plenty of power. We traded in our 2002 Ford F- 150 with 170,000 and it was tough because the Ford still had no issues. We are happy with our choice though!! Hoping for MANY MANY miles of enjoyment!!

LOVE THIS TRUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Patrick on 02/25/10 10:47 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

when I bought this truck I drove a Ford and Toyota.They all drove nice, the dodge seemed to have more space in the Quad Cab. but out of fairness to the other two trucks they where extended cab trucks. but the pricing was the same I feel that I got more truck for the money, by me buying the ram. fuel mileage is on par with the other manufactures. after all this is not an economy car if your looking to save gas buy Honda civic,or something similar.I would recommend this truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.