Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

A man's mans truck!
By brandon jones

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is by far the best truck I've driven or rode in. The 5.7 has nothing but power. Fuel economy around 18 on hwy at 65. Around 14 in city. The backseat is huge. I have a friend that's 6'4 and has plenty of leg room. The heated leather seats and sound system are awesome. I have no complaints. Compliments everywhere I go. I. Bought with intentions of a family vehicle and it will serve great for that and work. The rear room is more than any SUV or car. By far the best vehicle I've ever had.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, infinity sound, leg room, comfortable leather, lots of power, great looks and plenty of room.

Suggested Improvements

Padded middle console, memory seats,

mega-great
By fueledup

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is by far the best pick-up on the road. Laramie mega-cab, has by far the most comfortable rear seat in the business. The nav is straightforward and easy to use. 5.7 hemi has incredible power when you need it. With 8,500 miles so far I average 16.5 hwy at 80 mph. The only bad news is 12.5 city. But I love this truck and so for knock on fake wood not a single problem.

Favorite Features

It's the perfect truck.

Suggested Improvements

Soft padding on the center console arm rest.

What a truck
By Victor

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck, it's so comfortable inside and it has a Hemi! I love how this thing drives and my daughter thinks its a limo with all the room inside. I drive this every day about 70 mile round trip(mostly highway) and love the comfort and eazy way it handles. This is my first truck and Dodge and I am so glad that I picked a winner from the start.

Favorite Features

Hemi, Siruis radio. heated seats, so high on the road. Dual temp and the comfort of the cab.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be a little better. I would be real happy if I got 18mpg, but so far I am averging close to 14. Hopefully it will get better once broken in.

Mileage-Mileage-not
By STANLEY

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got the truck to tow a travel trailer. I'm sure it will do that just fine. The mega-cab has great room for everyone to sit comfortably. I traded in a Dakota quad-cab on this truck. I had the 4.7 V-8 and got 19 MPG on the highway. Iím very dissatisfied with the mileage of the 1500. I know I got the Hemi. But Iím only getting 12.5 miles per gallon of mid-grade gas and I donít gun it.

Favorite Features

I love the satellite radio. It gives me the stuff I want to listen to and few commercials. The radio controls on the steering wheel are just great. I donít have to take my eyes off the road to change stations or volume.

Suggested Improvements

Like some other owners, I too think wheel well liners should be standard. Better gas mileage would be a definite plus. It takes too long for the A/C to make the cab comfortable.

Great truck, but thirsty
By 1STDODGE

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first Dodge and so far am extremely satisfied with the exception of the fuel economy. Best I have gotten on complete interstate driving at 70 mph is 15.6. Mostly I average around 13. That's after installing a Magna Flow exhaust system (added 1 - 1.5 mpg). Color, trim, wheels, etc. are amazing and people are always telling me how great it looks. Rides like a dream and plenty of power.

Favorite Features

The smooth ride and power. Chrome wheels and 20" tires are worth it. Lots of storage. Sirius radio.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy! What the heck are these engineers thinking? Other than that better speakers and fewer yet better radio options.