2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
wouldnt own another truck!!
By ramforever on 01/28/12 04:07 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my ram 1500 new in 2007. I loved the truck as soon as i sat in the seat. one of the first things i did was tinted the windows and added vent visors. then added dual exhaust out the corners of bumper. The only part of the truck that I didn't like was the mds system it did nothing for gas mileage all it did was make the truck jerk every time it cut in and out. and also the transmission was to smooth for my liking, I bought an Edge programmer to take care of that, adding extra power and firmer quicker shifts, night and day difference. eventually wore through the crappy good year tires they had on it and added cooper zeon ltz tires this also improved ride stability. Loved that truck

Nice truck but hard on gas
By Shane on 03/10/10 23:07 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Ram and third Dodge. I do like driving it, but it doesn't get near the mileage the window sticker says it should (I had a V8 Dakota and the mileage matched the sticker's figures). The truck is pretty much loaded and hasn't given me any problems. It starts great in cold Canadian winters. The 20 inch wheels look nice, but you get a bumpy ride with them. The rear bumper and side steps are starting to rust already. Will probably try another brand when the lease is up.

'07 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 Hemi Laramie
By mike on 02/13/10 21:50 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had Chevs, Fords,and Dodge's. This Dodge is by far the most poerfull,the seats are comfy,not quite as comfy as the chev but once they break in they are good. If you drive with a heavy foot it will be hard on gas. On the highway cruising at 110 km/h I avg. 23mpg, at 120 km/h I avg. 20mpg.In city avg, is 14mpg. The rear suspension is a little soft if hauling travel trailer or other heavy loads, recomend a set of airbags, the truck will pull my 32' travelair no problem.I love this truck. There was some basic electrical issues with the $x$, a ne reprogram of the computer solved the problem.

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
By Drew on 08/14/09 14:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Before I bought this truck I read every one of these reviews. Now after owning it for a few months I'm surprised they were so positive. I thought I'd add my 2 cents. Put simply, if you buy a truck to use a truck. Avoid this one. I tow and use my truck alot off road. Build quality is extremely flimsy. Tranny has very irritating and weird shifting tendencies. Road wander is horrible in this thing. The slightest little bump will send it bouncing all over the road. If you just go to and from work, and Home Depot on the weekends and don't mind the bouncing into the next lane when you hit a bump. This truck is for you.

2007 Ram
By LOU on 11/14/07 05:21 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Ths is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I would have bought the truck regardless. However the incentives were the best around.

Tuff Truck
By Jason on 11/11/07 09:58 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first Mopar, and I love it (SLT 1500 BigHord w/5.7 Hemi MDS). I've always been a Ford fan, but with the price and all of the opions, it cannot be beat. Also, since DaimlerChrysler helped design parts for the U.S. Army's M1A1 Tank, they should be able to produce a great truck:) Need nurf bars if you or your spouse are shorter than 5'10" or a free hand to help pull yourself in. Love having 345hp if and when I need it. Gas mpg is acceptable for the power that can be unleashed - 17-20hwy 12-14city, learned to be more light footed.

It's just worth every penny
By male2205 on 06/18/07 16:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love it and so far is the best vehicle I've owned. Powerful, sharp looking and reliable. Works great towing boats and the 4x4 is as strong as a Ram.

Not a Gas Saver
By Ike on 05/25/07 18:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the 3rd new truck that I bought, the first Dodge ever. Why a Dodge, well, it was the cheapest! It has power, plenty of it! Even with the upgraded 20 inch wheels and 35 inch tires it can tow almost anything with its Hemi. However, it has three problems, fuel is the biggest, never has it come close to what Dodge says it does, on average it gives about 11 MPG, 13 on the highway if the wind is behind you, 10 in town no matter how you drive. Another problem are the stiff seats, they are very uncomfortable after seating for about 30 minutes, I get off and sit in my brother's Chevy 2500, and immediatly notice the diference. The other problem is the off- center stearing wheel to the driver.

Big Dog Hemi
By James on 04/19/07 12:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck. It has great get up and go. I have towed with the truck multiple times, never a problem.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.