Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Ram-pickup-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

wouldnt own another truck!!
By ramforever

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my ram 1500 new in 2007. I loved the truck as soon as i sat in the seat. one of the first things i did was tinted the windows and added vent visors. then added dual exhaust out the corners of bumper. The only part of the truck that I didn't like was the mds system it did nothing for gas mileage all it did was make the truck jerk every time it cut in and out. and also the transmission was to smooth for my liking, I bought an Edge programmer to take care of that, adding extra power and firmer quicker shifts, night and day difference. eventually wore through the crappy good year tires they had on it and added cooper zeon ltz tires this also improved ride stability. Loved that truck

Favorite Features

Power,Towing, Roomy, reliability, looks, durability

Suggested Improvements

interior kind of plain, week tie rod ends, went out under 30,000 miles and dealer would not replace.

Nice truck but hard on gas
By Shane

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Ram and third Dodge. I do like driving it, but it doesn't get near the mileage the window sticker says it should (I had a V8 Dakota and the mileage matched the sticker's figures). The truck is pretty much loaded and hasn't given me any problems. It starts great in cold Canadian winters. The 20 inch wheels look nice, but you get a bumpy ride with them. The rear bumper and side steps are starting to rust already. Will probably try another brand when the lease is up.

Favorite Features

Hemi power, Uconnect phone, DVD player, nice stereo, and the overall appearance of the truck.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, seats aren't the best, jumpy ride, stock tires are terrible, if it wasn't 4X4 I'd get stuck every day in the winter.

'07 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 Hemi Laramie
By mike

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had Chevs, Fords,and Dodge's. This Dodge is by far the most poerfull,the seats are comfy,not quite as comfy as the chev but once they break in they are good. If you drive with a heavy foot it will be hard on gas. On the highway cruising at 110 km/h I avg. 23mpg, at 120 km/h I avg. 20mpg.In city avg, is 14mpg. The rear suspension is a little soft if hauling travel trailer or other heavy loads, recomend a set of airbags, the truck will pull my 32' travelair no problem.I love this truck. There was some basic electrical issues with the $x$, a ne reprogram of the computer solved the problem.

Favorite Features

Power,comfortable ride,Navagation works good,A/C is good and cold, truck warms up quickly in the winter.MDS( auto switch from 4 to 8 cyl. mode).

Suggested Improvements

none.

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
By Drew

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Before I bought this truck I read every one of these reviews. Now after owning it for a few months I'm surprised they were so positive. I thought I'd add my 2 cents. Put simply, if you buy a truck to use a truck. Avoid this one. I tow and use my truck alot off road. Build quality is extremely flimsy. Tranny has very irritating and weird shifting tendencies. Road wander is horrible in this thing. The slightest little bump will send it bouncing all over the road. If you just go to and from work, and Home Depot on the weekends and don't mind the bouncing into the next lane when you hit a bump. This truck is for you.

Suggested Improvements

Firm up trans and lateral ride stiffness. Better lsd in rearend(do a search on this!) Don't skimp on build quality. If you've owned a ford or chevy before, this will feel like a tuna can.

2007 Ram
By LOU

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Ths is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I would have bought the truck regardless. However the incentives were the best around.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

None