Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

A Well Built Truck That Does The Job
By A Well Built Truck

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4.7 V8. It does have a very good ride & I believe that it's built very well compared to older dodge vehicles. The Ac freezes me out & stays COLD even at a dead stop. A lot of GM trucks I had ran hot & Ac went to crap after 15 mins of sitting time. The 4.7 does struggle but if your not a major tow guy it's not a problem. The trans does also seem pretty solid for 60k miles & no problems. A good truck over all. I also love the aux fans that run. This way I know my AC is cold when I get in & my temp gauge isn't HOT.

Favorite Features

Factory I pod wire. Frosty AC even after sitting for a hour. Temp gauge does not move it sits at the same temp weather it's 5 mins of idling or over an hour. Lot of GM trucks ran hot with me so it's nice to not worry about stuff like that.

Suggested Improvements

Radio could be louder. A little more power for the 4.7 Go with the hemi it's only like a 2 miles gas difference.

Good/Bad Vibrations
By Mixed Emotions

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I made this purchase due to the fact that it looks like a real truck and not something from the future. Great looks and plenty of power. One negative being vibration problems that no one can seem to figure out. After a new set of Michelin tires and trans check and drive shaft check the problem still exists. I have one more who wants to take a look at it and if nothing develops to correct problem I guess I will take a major hit on trading it for something else. Not the experience I expected for something described as Ram Tough.

Favorite Features

Always gets the looks, Hemi power.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage (I know it's a Hemi) and someone qualified to diagnose problems that arise...

Good Truck
By bmoore

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 2007 four dour with the 4.7 V8 flex fuel. I'm very impressed with its power. I'm so impressed with it that if someone told me it was a hemi, I would have believed them. I got a good deal on this truck used. It rides like a truck with the 20 inch wheels, but it's fun! It's a real man's truck.

Favorite Features

Style, Fun to drive, nice truck look, rides like a truck - but somehow that's a good thing in this particular truck

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats, but overall, very happy

LOVE THIS TRUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Patrick

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

when I bought this truck I drove a Ford and Toyota.They all drove nice, the dodge seemed to have more space in the Quad Cab. but out of fairness to the other two trucks they where extended cab trucks. but the pricing was the same I feel that I got more truck for the money, by me buying the ram. fuel mileage is on par with the other manufactures. after all this is not an economy car if your looking to save gas buy Honda civic,or something similar.I would recommend this truck.

Favorite Features

HEMI engine,and it looks like and feels like a real truck.

Suggested Improvements

They should make step ups or running boards standard it is a bit of a leap up into the seat

Great Truck with a Hemi
By goodtruck1

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Have driven it for almost 3 years and 48k miles with no problems. Hemi gets 21 mpg in the freeway if I stay under 70 on a long trip. Still comfortable and rattle-free with original tires/brakes/spark plugs doing fine.

Favorite Features

Hemi, Dark Red paint

Suggested Improvements

None