2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Now a Dodge fan till the end
By Spike on 06/01/10 09:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have had a lot of different vehicles most being Chevrolet. I bought a 2006 Impala SS and had so many problems that both my friend and me went out and bought new trucks. This time we tried Dodge. Why do you ask we switched well I really had bad luck with everything else my Chevy truck lost the rear end and then the tranny started to slip and my Impala lost it's engine at 50,000. My Impala was covered my truck wasn't. I bought another Chevy truck and lost the tranny in that and said enough. I talked to several people and they said try Dodge they have had good luck with there's so I did. This truck is so well built, classy looking and so damn tough it gos everywhere and is amazing offroad.

My 07 Ram
By Scoopy on 04/11/08 21:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Drives excellent, smooth, quiet, snappy throttle. tripped from NH to NC and back again and averaged 25.9 mpg with the 4.7 Magnum engine (that's not a typing mistake)

Go Dodge...Go
By repeat rambuyer on 10/25/07 23:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

A loyal Ram 1500 4x4 buyer: 1990, 1999, 2005 & most recently an '07. I had an '05 Ram 1500 quad 4x4 w/Hemi and was disappointed...Poor fuel mileage and a terrible ride. Fitment was also poor. Because I rarely used the 4WD I opted for the 2WD this time. I am very happy with my choice. I got a very good deal at the Dealership (a lost leader deal). With the 4.7 eng I get 20 MPG on the hi-way and it is still new. Off the line it keeps pace with the Hemi, but the Hemi is superior at higher speeds for raw get up and go. Never the less the 4.7 seems to be more than adequate. This revamped model seems to have ironed out the product line's prior deficiencies. It seems to be a very good value.

Buy this truck
By Van on 10/10/07 20:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I got the SLT reg cab w/the Hemi, only one I've seen. I was looking at quadcab but suprising amount of room behind seat & I feel that it looks better; a real hot rod stance. Truck is big; size & ride hight seem a lot larger than Ford/Chev. I love the black prl (the crimson color is pretty, but couldnt get 1 w/the Hemi around here). The rack & pinion makes for easy manuvering over old-style idler/pitman arms, parking is no prob. I've put 6500mi on it -city traffic around 14-15mpg, I got 19 yesterday on the hiway at 85mph (thank you MDS). best was 23 on 40mi drive at 55mph. The Hemi is awesome! It pins you to the seat & goes right now. I hung with a Vette from a stop for 1mi. Get a radar detector.

'07 Ram 1500 Reg Cab SLT 4.7, 5spd Auto.
By Jason on 08/28/07 22:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

There was no option for this trim level/cab config. with the 5spd auto, so I had to put this under the 6spd manual. This is my first brand new vehicle, and I love it. I've already put 850 miles on it in the first 8 days of ownership, had 30 when purchased. The 4.7 is more than adequate for the truck, despite a 4,500 pound curb weight. The 5 speed auto shifts smoothly, almost imperceptibly. Nice V8 rumble, even through the stock exhaust. Fit and finish seem to be top notch, on par with or better than my mom's '06 Sonata. Gauges are big and easy to read, nice aqua back-light. Enormous cab, more than enough room for even the tallest person. Roomy center console with the split bench seat.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.