2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Well improved from 04' model,

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

Laramie Mega Cab (5.7L V8 5-speed Automatic 6.4 ft. Bed)

Well improved from 04' model, but......
By BBartz on

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the Big Horn Edition and love all the add ons it has. This is my first Hemi and I don't really notice much difference from the 4.7 liter until after 2nd or 3rd gear. Otherwise, It has a lot more power. I just installed an AirRaid intake and it makes a huge differance. Much more responsive and sounds great! I also notice that the ride of the 06' is much smoother and handles bumps great. Also, the cabin is quiet until I added the intake :) I did not get the 4X4 and regret it, but I would only us it like 2-3 times out of the year anyways.

Navigation, sunroof, bucket seats, higher stance that I want to rasie/level out in the front. Big Horn upgrades. Interior has been stepped up, but still could be better materials. MDS if it actually starts to help on gas mileage? We will see... I also, had the management bedliner installed ($800+)

20" Clad rims are a waist! Fake wood interior face plates are cheezy, MDS on and off indicator would be nice so I knew if and when it was in use, and you never can have a better gas saving technique if possible?