2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: unreliable, dangerous handling

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Review

unreliable, dangerous handling
By bry on

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

In 3 years I have had to put 3,300.00 into it. Front axle wore out, needed all new rotors and brakes within 2 years, and I had completed all dealer recommended maintenance, which ran me close to a grand alone. Standard mirrors are useless, cupholders are useless, seat belt covers routinely get hooked on your clothes and you go fishing under cars in a parking lot to find them. Emergency handling is non-existent. Sticker stated anti-lock brakes, little did I know that only meant the 2 rear wheels, which I discovered when I braked in the rain the truck went sliding sideways. A power plug went within 2 years, heat/ac fan went in 2 1/2 years, and it has stalled twice now due to electronics.

looks, acceleration

Overall reliability is brutal. If I'm doing all recommended maintenance, I shouldn't have to spend a dime on Major repairs for 5 years/100k. Having the front axle go within 3 years is bs. Whats worse is just one thing on the list. Handling is horrible.
By lovemyford
on 05/08/11 16:26 PM (PDT)

dangerous handling? Who's fault was it that you did not know it did not have 4 wheel ABS..It will handle like any truck with rear wheel ABS if you know how to drive properly.