Surprisingly good.
By cerberus1949 on
2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
My use of this vehicle has been primarily short trips [all under 100 miles] and errands around town. It is great for hauling landscaping and building materials. The ride is great, performance unbelievable, and the fuel economy is significantly better than my wife's smaller SUV. The interior is quiet and comfortable. Creature comforts are more than I'd expect in a truck. The handling is better than I anticipated in a full sized four wheel drive truck.
Favorite Features
Comfort is exceptional. Handling and performance are outstanding. Fuel economy is surprisingly good for a vehicle this size. Interior is comfortable, and the A/C really does its job, even in extra hot weather. The sound system is great, and the Sirius radio offers something for everyone.
Suggested Improvements
Could use more tie downs in the bed. Passenger seat could use greater range of adjustment, and lumbar support just like driver's seat. Visibility from the cab has a few blind spots, particularly in rear. Could use back-up sonar warning system, or TV camera to rear to help avoid backing over kids.