Life in the Mega Lane
By Victor Martinez on
2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
From the moment I looked one over, I knew that would be buying it. Its all about the interior space. This thing is like having a full sized SUV but with a truck bed on the back. Rear seat occupants up to 6'1" have fully extend their legs and reclined the rear seat while I sit comfortably in the drivers seat. I recently went on a 3 day trip to Baton Rouge from Houston. Incuding myself, we went with 4 adults and 1 child. All of our luggage fit behind the rear seat easily and we all were more than comfortable with the amount of space that each passenger enjoys. As far as the engine goes I have one word, "sublime". Can't say enough about the build quality either. This thing is the bomb.
Favorite Features
HEMI engine. The very name make a promise to the consumer that quite frankly, I didn't think that Dodge could deliver upon. But I can tell you that having driven the competition first, nothing even comes close. Sirius radio is outstanding. Huge sunroof, love it. Rear DVD player + sunroof rocks.
Suggested Improvements
I'd like to see the 20" wheels offered on the Mega Cab. Otherwise I have found truck heaven.