06 Dodge ram 1500 slt
By peter135 on
2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
I love my Ram runs great course every vehicle has their problems and none are perfect, but this truck is great if u have the MDS in the hemi 5.7 then its a great engine with a good drive line behind it to be honest im not to thrilled on the 4.7 it drinks gas and doesn't have much power considering that engine at that time was designed with the Dakota and Durango more in mind so made for a lighter truck but I work for dodge and their new 5.7's, 4.7's the new 3.6 and not released yet but the new 3.0 diesel in the 1500 all great engines again the 4.7 drinks fuel but the others are great looking around 14-19 mpg depending on your driving habbits. all in all GREAT trucks.
Favorite Features
all of them
Suggested Improvements
from factory they put on shitty tires cup quickly and cause vibrations.
By projectchaos
on 06/25/14 23:03 PM (PDT)

I've got the 4.7 V8 and I don't see it drinking as much gas as you say it does. I just went 140 miles and it only ate up about 45% of my tank. The tank is 35 gallons so they do as much as they can to give you the ability to drive long distances without filling up unlike a lot of the other trucks I've seen. The Hemi is nice and I was looking into getting one but if you're not towing things or hauling things on a daily basis there's no real reason to have it. The 4.7 works just fine and I get around 20 mpg on a consistent basis and it's cool because the car I was driving before this had a v6 and got 24-26.. I am very happy with the 4.7 it has good fuel economy and has plenty of power. Sure, it takes a bit of time to get moving but that's the whole point of driving a truck anyways.