2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Dodge Power Wagon

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

ST Regular Cab Pickup (4.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Manual 6.3 ft. Bed)

Dodge Power Wagon
By James Posey on

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

What a pleasure to climb behind the wheel of a well designed truck. I'm 6'2" 230 lb. I have to run the seat forward to reach pedals and controls, room to spare in a regular cab. I pull a Tandem axel large box trailer. The tow haul 5speed auto works like a dream in tow haul mode. Their is 2 2nd gears so technically this is a 6 speed. Full box frame on a half ton. Independant front suspension with 4x4. Drives and handles nice. 20 inch wheels and wide goodyear rubber. Bites well on dry pavement. Will smoke tires with little effort. Be carefull on wet pavement. MDS Hemi is sweet, can't feel it change. 20 mpg at 65 mph. I waited on the MDS in the truck, glad I did. Not one problem yet, 16 months. All in all they got it right. Thanks Dodge. I have owned 3 New Dodge, 2 New Chevys, 1 New Ford if that tells you anything.

Hemi. Independent front suspension in a 4x4. Had a Chevy Blazer for years 14 to be exsact with IFS, If you're not into lifting and driving daily this is a nice way to go. Will track better of road with greater articulation over stock straight front axle.

More power. I love American iron. Push rod motor, simple, durable. I have added a high volume intake and better cat back exhaust. How about a factory computer adjustable set up?