2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Review

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab - Consumer Review

By Tony on

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased in California late 2007, switched from a regular cab 1500 to the mega cab 1500. All my cars have been Dodge for the last 15 years. I'm impressed with almost every aspect of the vehicle except the ride and gas mileage. Took the family of six to Disneyland and the ride was almost unbearable going over the Altamont. Felt like we were in some sort of shaking machine. Can't imagine what this is doing to the truck. This truck is not a smooth ride unless the highway is perfect. Also I average about 10-11 mpg in the city and 13-15 on the highway. But I expected this knowing the vehicle type I was buying. I'm deciding if the ride is enough of an issue to cause me to get another vehicle.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior, I commute 2 hours a day with 3 large adults and they love the roominess. I like the finger touch controls on the steering wheel. I consider it a safety feature....

Suggested Improvements

Should provide a nerf bar with the purchase, the truck has a high profile and shorter people have issues with stepping in and out. Rough ride, maybe this is how its suppose to be?