Mega Cab
By Gavin on
2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
This truck is great to put my 3 car seats in. Tons of room. Gas mileage w/4:10 gears 11.5-12.3 city, highway @75 13-15.5 mostly 13 though. I took a trip drove 75-80 got 12.8. Towing, the power is there the mileage is horrible pulled about 2000lbs got 9.3 towing mostly up hill. ON the way back got 10.9 mostly@75 both ways . But over all I really love the truck. Things seem to be holding up very well. I got the Laramie w/dvd&nav those are great features. The kids love it. This truck does not have the performance/mileage but more room and handles loads better than the 04 I used to have but it does o.k. I wish this was a diesel but it is a good truck and people in the back are compfortable.
Favorite Features
THE ROOM IS NUMBER ONE, the way it handle loads, quietness the kids can't kick or push on my seat. That is huge. They always did that in my 04, drove me crazy. My wifes favorite features is the powerpedals and the powerseat. I also love all the storage space you can't beat it. Backseat AC/heat vents
Suggested Improvements
I hate the cup holders. The fold down ones in my 04 were so much better. You could fit any drink in those. The gas mileage is the worst about the truck, its expensive to drive, Sometimes driving around on the freeway the gearing isn't right where I would like it to be. I really want a diesel.