2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: I'm happy with truck overall

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Review

I'm happy with truck overall
By Brian T. on

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've been very pleased with my truck overall. I love the Hemi and the other features I've listed below. Nice large, heavy, safe vehicle. I put on a Rhino liner and nerf bars and that has added to the truck's usefullness and value. I wish that the drivetrain losses were less. I think Dodge could have done better with leg room in the backseat of the Quad Cab. It seems to be tight for taller adults though is ok for kids and average or short adults. Had the injector for cylinder #7 go bad after 10k miles but it was fixed under warranty. The Hemi is outshined now by Toyota's V8 but that doesn't bother me. Overall fantastic vehicle and I highly recommend.

5.7L Hemi V8, Sirius radio, all the storage areas, size of bed, class IV towing package that came with 4 pin harness and 7 pin harness.

More leg room in backseat of Quad Cab, make 4-wheel ABS standard, reduce drivetrain losses, make tow hooks standard on 4x4's, add option for factory dual exhaust, hard to reach back sliding window from front seat.