Father and Son's favorite toy
By TheNatesJr&Sr on
2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)
I purchased this 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 Big Horn Edition Quad Cab to replace my 2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab. I needed the room since I'm 6'4" and 220lbs and I need to put a carseat in it for my son. I love the fact that I don't have to bend down or over to put my son in his chair. My back thanks MOPAR for the truck's ride height. I have the MDS Hemi I average about 22-23 MPG. I put an AEM Brute force intake on it and a Flowmaster Super 40 series muffler on it. Needless to say its the biggest, baddest truck on the block. My son loves it just as much as I do. I feel safe in it no matter what the weather does. I prefer to take it when we go camping or on any long road trip. I love this truck.
Favorite Features
Hemi MDS, 4X4, Quad cab, Sirius sattelite radio, lots of room and style. I dig the price too with the Big Horn Edition you get more for less somehow, I aint knockin' it. It was thousands less than other trucks I looked at. It's a really good looking truck. Fully boxed frame is nice too.
Suggested Improvements
Need a solid front axle! The IFS is really good in this truck, but please MOPAR give me a solid front axle! I don't really care for the electronic shift on the fly either. Ditch the Goodforayears, mine wore out in less than 2 years! Had to buy some Cooper Zeon LTZ's, big improvement.