Big Horn-4 Doors Does Not a Wimpy Truck
By justabeegirl on
2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
When my '99 Durango was closing in on the 70k mark and since I really and truly loathed the new style Durangos and had no need for 3rd row seating, a Quad Cab 4x4 would suit my needs just as well as my 'Rango plus w/Hemi power. It could be a blast. Keep in mind, in Aug of '05 I bought #2436 of '05s 4263 produced Rumble Bees. My Bee is a std cab and I didn't know if my 4 ft longer girl would meet expectations. This new Hemi MDS engine thing for '06-its a fallacy. I still get 24-26 on the hiway just like my Bee. I lucked out on price tho. $41k down to $29k because the guy who ordered her refused delivery- she's decked out like a Hemi Sport-Hood Scoop; skirts, and chromed to die for.
Favorite Features
Lay down rear seats-great 4 hauling my German Shepherd and awkward items I don't want banging around in the bed. Hemi power is Nadia's greatest attribute. I love 0-60 in ? Do your own test. 20" tires tend to thwart rubber ignition however. New tires, mucho deniro! But oh they love it when I forget!
Suggested Improvements
Nadia was a little bland when I bought her. Yeah, she had chrome accents but nothin like now. I couldn't do any mods to my Bee so I splurged on this Quad! Patriot grille, door/tailgate handles, Big Horn Sills, BugGuard and 20" Wheels. She's gorgeous, but not gaudy. She's a headturner!