Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Fantastic!
By Myron

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Dodge Ram 1500. It is a really great truck. I bought mine with the Hemi and it's pretty impressive. I put a K&N air filter and a louder muffler on it and it sounds amazing. My only regret is the quad cab is small. I love the patriotic blue metallic paint, and hemi decals.

5.7 liter beast and the quick shifting tranny

The compartment lights need to stay on longer than 5 seconds.

Hidden Horrors
By Ken

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love this truck. Not getting the MPG others brag about but acceptable. Very comfortable and easy to drive. Wife not afraid of it.

Height and style

Caution. When you slid out of truck with shorts on beware of wedgie when you hook on the seat lever

dont buy a dodge
By dodge no more

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

purchased the truck for a family/ recreation vehicle. After 1 engine rebuild and 2 transmission. And many other electrical problems(brake lights sticking on). Gas mileage was horrible. I averaged 11-13 in town or highway didn't matter. Had the 5.7 hemi and was not impressed.

looks

improve reliability and mileage

A Man's Truck
By Sam

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is the first truck I've bought, and although my family farm has always had Dodge's, this one is easily my favorite. We have a 2500 Cummins and my brother in law has a 3500 cummins, and we've had nothing but good reliability and fantastic performance with them. My 1500 fits right in, and with its powerful 5.7 L Hemi can tow really whatever I need it to. I commute to college with it, and although it's fun to drive and looks great, it's not a commuter vehicle. Mileage is around 17 mpg total, not bad, but I hardly touch the pedal. Interior is fresh, clean, nicely done IMO, unlike Ford's whose interior is boring. Overall a great truck, if you need it! Otherwise, a great toy....

Hemi, Red color, satellite radio, 20" tires (not replacing the stock Goodyear though) Hemi. Did I mention Hemi? I want to make that clear, the Hemi is fantastic. p.s. the 2009 Hemi, 380 hp, 405 ft-lb torque...

It's a Hemi so the fuel mileage is awful, but oh well..beef up the sound system a little. more aggressive exhaust. nothing that any aftermarket mods can't fix, overall fantastic

Nice Truck
By BWP

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 30 minute drive to work with 10 min. in town, 20 min. on 55 mph sparsely traveled rural roads. At 55- 60, I consistently get around 21 mpg with the Hemi running on 4 cylinders. My pure hwy mpg is even better than that. I chose this truck over a Ford mainly because the rural commute would allow me to benefit from the cylinder deactivation function, which the Ford did not have. In town and freeway mileage is what you'd expect from a full sized truck. I tow an 18 1/2 ft boat with no problems. The TRX4 off-road suspension is a bit stiff on road when light loaded, but I'm overall very happy with it. It's excellent off- road. This is my 1st Dodge truck. No regrets.

Hemi's mileage when utilizing 4 cylinders, power when I need it, looks, off-road and towing capability, drivability, easy oil filter access

Spruce up plain interior, change cloth seats that stain easily, beef up fog light brackets (1 is broken, the other is cracked), put the steering wheel audio controls back on, seat belt bolt cover on passenger seat gets hit when passengers debark (mine is now missing).