2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
The Best!
By geep1976 on 11/01/06 08:01 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned a 2003 and 2004 Ram 1500. My new 2006 is a whole new feel. I loved my previous two Rams. I was a bit skeptical when I went to look at the styled Ram. The first glance of the totally redesigned interior really let me breathe easy. The fit and finsh really seemed to be there. The new front end design caught my eye as well. This new Ram rides a lot better than my previous Rams. Cab noise has been cut in half as was a problem with my 2004. I really enjoy the power of the Hemi. I had a 4.7 in my previous trucks. This engine was fine but a bit under powered for towing minimal loads. I went to the dealership to buy a Chevy and left with a Dodge. Overall I rate this truck a 10!!!

Nice truck, but could be a great truck
By EZ on 10/30/06 08:45 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Dodge design is best in class. Ride is nice but can be choppy on turns. A/C and heat continue to be problems for Rams. When either is on it feels like engine is about to die trying stay on and idle fluctuates heavily. Heat takes forever to heat up. A/C is adequate at best during really hot days. Brakes are weak for such a big truck and can be scary during bad weather conditions. No power passenger seat. That stinks for the passenger. Gas economy with MDS is a myth. I get nowhere near 18MPG HWY.

I Love it !
By Mike H on 10/27/06 12:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my truck almost as bare as they come. Even so, I love this truck a lot. The V6 has more than enough power to keep this truck moving and the new interior layout is the best in its class in my opinion. The tranny is silky smooth. The ride seems a little bouncy but I think it might be because I drive a sports car most of the time. It's been years since I drove a truck on a regular basis. The center console does rob the use of the center seat but so does the stick shift. I never planned on the center seat being used very much anyway so this doesn't bother me too much. There is quite a bit of storage area behind the seats as well.

First new truck
By Will on 10/22/06 16:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The ride for such a large vehicle is not bad, and actually very serene with a load or while towing. Power is always available, although rear wheel spin is very easy to accomplish. 20" aluminum wheels are stunning, although I've already had a flat. Go for aftermarket tires, the stock ATX's are horrible. I had experienced steering wheel shudder at 300 miles too, but never again. Transmission adapted well to my light foot. Sirius radio is great on trips and worth it in mountains or where no radio. Brakes fade easily, be careful in rain. Towing mirrors are well worth the price, but do get knicked by other vehicles too often.

Surprisingly good.
By cerberus1949 on 10/17/06 18:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My use of this vehicle has been primarily short trips [all under 100 miles] and errands around town. It is great for hauling landscaping and building materials. The ride is great, performance unbelievable, and the fuel economy is significantly better than my wife's smaller SUV. The interior is quiet and comfortable. Creature comforts are more than I'd expect in a truck. The handling is better than I anticipated in a full sized four wheel drive truck.

Love it!
By Shane on 10/10/06 10:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased one because I am a big fan of both pick-ups and Dodge, and this beast is great. Big body styling, tons of power, and for the size of both the vehicle and the engine I really can't complain about fuel mileage. Comfortably seats my family of 6 (taken a couple of 4+ hour road trips in it), only real problem with interior is with 3rd person on front bench you lose cup holders for legroom. Otherwise very simply designed interior, lots of anemities that make it a snazzy vehicle still built for practicality.

Better than My '04 Hemi
By Night Runner on 10/09/06 02:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife an I had an '04 Hemi that was what I thought was the perfect truck. The new Night Runner we just purchased is incredible.On long trips it is comfortable, and has a smooth ride. it's powerful and more refined. Dodge is bringing a quality product to the table, and I will continue to buy them. We love HP, and Dodge gives you a killer baseline to begin with. What a product! A+++

The Black & Blue Flame
By Phil on 09/27/06 19:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned F150's for the past 26 years. Not anymore! This Dodge 1500 I own is a superior vehile in ever manner. Performance, style, comfort. Ford, Chevy, or any other manufacturer don't even come close.

Dodge's Hybrid, Burns Gas and Rubber
By V10 Power on 09/25/06 12:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Bought the 2006 SRT-10 strictly for fun. Already had a 2006 Dodge Ram 4x4 Hemi truck for daily use. This truck is the meanest, baddest truck you can buy. Gas mileage wasn't even considered, just like the 70's muscle cars. Anyone buying one of these for regular use has no idea about trucks.

Great Truck
By W. Rausch on 09/23/06 20:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

It has a great ride, good performance and sharp looks. Mine has the optional sunroof, MOPAR exhaust system, chrome tubular running boards, spray-in bedliner, and chrome bug shield.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.