2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Dodge needs better shocks upfront
By mike sab on 08/20/06 19:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Dodge truck is definitely the most agressive looking truck out there today. The only thing I think they could have done better was putting a little better shock and spring set up on the truck. I put Bilstein aftermarket shocks on recently and it has gotten a lot better. Next is a lttle tougher spring. What was Dodge thinking? This isn`t a Cadillac, it`s a truck.

I Converted
By S. Syed on 08/16/06 00:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I never knew a truck could function so well as a true multi-purpose vehicle. It has excellent styling and build quality, a better ride than my 2002 Accord V6 that I traded in, lots of room, and an outstanding powertrain. Simply a great truck. The fuel consumption stings a little, but it could be worse.

Disapointed
By Zed 2003 on 08/01/06 12:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased the SLT quad cab 4x4 sport. Great looking big red truck but the steering wheel started to shimmy at highway speeds at 300 miles. Dealer tried to correct and only made the problem worse. Truck was also unstable with a 4500lb boat in tow over expansion joints at highway speeds. I lost trust in the vehicle after one week of owner ship and sold it back to the dealer with 600 miles on it. My worst buying/owning experience ever.

Newest Dodge
By R. Chapman on 07/25/06 05:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love driving the vehicle! For the most part, I bought it for the handling and ride.Fuel mileage is adequate, although not near the advertised 19 mpg highway. I've also noticed the transmission does not shift smoothly. The truck "surges" when shifting up through the gears.

6 months with my new truck
By BigRedDodge on 07/13/06 11:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've really had a ball driving this truck. Wish I'd have opted for the nav pkg, but other than that it's perfect. Gas mileage has never gotten to the sticker of 14/18. I'm getting 13 to 14 mixed driving, did get 15.2 on a full tank of highway driving. I get lots of compliments on the vehicle as it's bright red with the 20" wheels so it has a great appearance. I've owned several trucks, this has been the best one.

True Statement
By Jacob on 06/04/06 12:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my truck in Texas when my old Dodge finaly died. The water pump went and I didnt have time to fix it. I was pulling a trailer from C.C. Tx to Las Vegas NV. I was already late getting to Las Vegas. That weekend I had stared on Friday and didn't get in till Tuesday. Driving to Las Vegas there are a few step hills and the truck had to shift down to a lower gear in order to complete the climb. I was pulling a 25 fifth wheel. The avg MPG was 12.3. Its not that bad but it could have been better. In city driving, the avg MPG is 11.5 Poor rating. I think truck manufactures need to do something about this. When in idle sitting at a red light take out a few cyclinders. We have ways to do it.

First time Buyer
By Nathan on 04/30/06 19:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I really like the design of this truck. Its easy to get in and out of. Interior is very durable and comfortable. Very smooth over bumps and potholes. Great storage place under the rear seat, and the cup holders are great too.

None
By Can Man on 04/25/06 11:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck, the ride is excellect, the ergonomics have greatly improved over the '05. I traded in my 2004 for this model. 100% better all around

Moby lives!
By Cerberus 1949 on 04/21/06 18:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My truck is white, hence the nickname. It fits in my garage which most neighbors' trucks don't. It handles very well, has great performance, and mileage better than my Durango [so long as I don't get too happy with the Hemi]. All in all, it may be the best vehicle I've puchased in the last 35 years.

New Hemi owner
By G. on 04/05/06 10:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the truck, wish it actually could get in the MPG rates that the window sticker had... but I didn't buy it for gas mileage. I'm averaging around 13- 14 MPG mixed driving. Other than that, it's a great pickup, plenty of power. A side note: I got sat. radio free for a year, neat service. I'm hooked.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.