Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

2nd Dodge, getting another
By JRod05

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd Dodge truck. I had a 98 Dakota that was a great truck thru 85,000 miles when I sold it. I leased a 06 Ram after a fight with Ford over a lemoned F-150. I'm wrapping up my 2 year lease with my current Ram and wanted to express my feelings. I've had 1 issue with this truck, warped rotors. That is. No interior squeaks, no mechanical issues, nothing. It's been flawless and I'm actually in the process of buying a 08 right now.

Favorite Features

Dodge can design wheels. The 20's are great! The HEMI performance. Overall stance of the truck. The bench seats have an enormous amount of storage.

Suggested Improvements

Better bench seats. They are fairly narrow and easily stained. The stock Goodyear tires are horrible! They are poor on wet pavement. My 08 will get wrapped in something else.

3rd Ram truck in 6 years
By Bluez

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had a 2002, 2004 & now the 2006 Ram 1500 which I have been driving for 1 year. I had no problems with the first two but the 2006 from the moment off the lot with under 10 miles on it the wheel shakes bad at all different speeds not just over 60 miles. It has been in the shop a dozen times and they have replaced the front struts,several wheel alinments & balance the tires. Still have the problem and it's been a year. Now the front shocks make a terrible sound when driving on even payment but they have order new ones under warranty. I really enjoyed the 2004 but this one is a lemon and I'm switching to GM in two years when te lease is up.

Favorite Features

Interior size, towing capacity, looks, height of vehicle

Suggested Improvements

Solve the front end problem and gas mileage

Better trucks out there
By bobwest

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Many problems with this pickup, so far dealer has been good about fixing them. 4-door quad cab not much more than an extended cab with 4-doors. Get mega cab if you really intend to have adults in the back seat.

Favorite Features

Not sure there are any

Suggested Improvements

Better paint job, premium cloth seats stain easily and hard to clean, rear bumper had rust in first 1000 miles, rear window would not go up or down in first 3000 miles, shifted into 4-wheel drive on it's own one time. Dealer has fixed all but spend too much time in the shop.

Awesome truck with weak brakes
By Dan

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have to say I love my truck. To me it drives better then most cars. I love the traction lock rear end. The Hemi is great. The only complaints I have is that I tow a trailer every day and the brakes do not work as good as I think they should. They need bigger brakes. Then there is the Computer. I was wanting to hop up my Hemi but it seems that Dodge has the computer locked so you can not do any real high performance upgrades. I was wanting to add a supercharger or turbo but It seems no one can upgrade the fuel curves in the computer. The ford truck guys have their Ford mostly because of this reason.

Favorite Features

The Hemi, and the way it looks.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the braking system with bigger brakes. Make it so the computer can be reprogrammed.

It is what it is
By SteveS

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I'm not too sure what this truck is suppose to be. A work truck, family truck, both? Either way, it is a decent truck. It's sticker was around $30,000 which I find way too high. The cab has plenty of room for rear seat passengers which it a big plus if you have multiple passengers. The bed is your typical bed. The engine is a little under powered in the 4.7. Hemi truck was way too high of a price. I would not lease this truck again because it's really not what I needed.

Favorite Features

Big cab, comfortable to sit in, wheel mounted cruise, plenty of leg and head room, rear cup holders, cargo light.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage was a complete lie. Averages around 12-13 mpg city, mileage computer is slightly off. Plan on getting home equity line to fuel this thing.