2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Update
By Jess on 01/08/07 19:27 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This Truck is absolutely perfect in every way. No problems at all and has become quite peppy now that it's broken in. I'm averaging 17 mpg's around town and I got 21.6 on a short 500 mile trip. I only use Chevron fuel and Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil. I am extremely pleased with this new Dodge Ram. I can honestly say that this is the best Ram I've owned, ever! My only negative is that the Quad cab Ram is smaller then the Tundra double cab. Need the Mega Cab to get more cab space then Tundra. The Quad cab Ram is bigger in overall size but smaller in cab space.

Fun to drive
By adrian on 12/25/06 14:22 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

I love my SRT10 Ram. It is fast and very responsive although the fuel ecomoney stinks. When clean it looks awesome and always fetches many compliments

Pure fun with the kids
By john on 12/11/06 21:49 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

More power than you should have with the kids in the back seat. Every time I would punch it the kids would just laugh! Having a hard time keeping the wife out of it. A wolf in sheep's clothing. Pure fun!

Frank Truck
By frank on 12/10/06 14:53 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

A good looking truck, inside and out. Came with 20in wheels which make it stand out. And the price was low.

My First Dodge
By MikeinSA on 12/09/06 07:43 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Ford, Chevy, GMC, Toyota, and Nissan Titan. So I figured why not Dodge? I purchased a 2006 SLT Mega cab 2WD with the 5.7 Hemi. After my purchase co-workers were telling me "That Hemi is a gas hog". I guess that if you are used to driving a Honda Civic or one of the hybrid vehicles that would be a true statement. However if you are in the market for a full size truck you expect that 40- 50 mpg is not in your sights. I currently have 2675 miles on it. and average (with conservative driving habits) about 13.6 mpg city and 17.5 Hwy. Not bad for a 3/4 ton truck. Pulling a tandem axle trailer loaded I recieved approx 9 MPG.

2006 Mega Cab 4x4
By THE INVESTIGATOR on 12/06/06 19:49 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

In the first 50 miles this truck made me not even look back at my 2007 Lincoln Mark LT truck I traded in on this Dodge Mega Cab. At least when you step on the gas you could at least feel the truck move. I don't care if it only gets 12 mpg. The Lincoln only got 13 mpg and you had to worry that you cleared the intersection before the light changed. The interior room is fantastic and at least the seats are really comfortable. This truck is awesome.

Reliable
By Rich on 11/29/06 04:37 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Nice and comfortable ride.Decent sound system. Center console should have storage compartment like they had in the '8 models. Gas mileage is pretty efficient. I can go from Daytona to Tampa and back on less than half a tank (approx.300mi.). Overall big bang for your buck.

2006 Ram
By ram on 11/27/06 17:00 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I really enjoy this truck. It has the V6 and is getting 17-20 mpg city/hwy. Very good handling when towing or regular driving. The new power package is really nice on the ST models .

A Gentleman's Truck
By MR.PAVIA on 11/24/06 08:00 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is simply a joy to drive. The equivalent of 60's muscle cars , but dignified. Fuel consumption is average. Stay out of the throttle and you'll do OK. I average 16.5 mpg at 70/72 mph on my three hour drive to my home every weekend. You can not get away from the stares and questions. Everytime I stop somewhere I feel like a celebrity. It handles like a 5000lb tire smoking go kart. The ride is a little firm, but suits me fine. The fit and finish is very well done. I love this Dodge. No problems to date. Added performance pcm, 75 more horsepower, and a cold air intake for 20 more horsepower, whoa! I didn't need it but hold on now, fuel difference is yet to be determined. Way to go Dodge!

Great Truck
By psy325 on 11/09/06 10:46 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great truck. I have always bought Chevy trucks, but I think I am a Dodge guy now. The only bad thing about the 1500 megacab 4wd is the gas mileage, about 11 mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.