Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

What you would expect
By Tooadvanced

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have 06 Ram Big Horn 1500. I don't get the mileage everyone is talking about and nor does anyone of my friends who has the Hemi Dodge. We all get around 11.5 to 14.5 mpg but hey it's a truck with a Hemi. Performace is good but typical Dodge with power dropping after 6-8 months. I've countered this with a cold air kit, Banks power pack and superchips programmer. Mpg now at 12 to 14. Interior is not of the Ford or Chevy but that's what you get for $10000 less. Still take the Dodge over the Chevy or Ford any day of the week. Best looking truck out there I think. No mechanical probs yet. Make sure you get anti-spin diff other wise power will leave you spinning in the rain or snow.

Price, Hemi, new offroad tires

They fixed all my complaints on new Dodge. Oh the digital mileage computer is off. That's probably why everyone thinks they get 20 mpg. Do the math and the mileage is crap. Dodge know this. I've have friends who work for Dodge and they know it's wrong

Father and Son's favorite toy
By TheNatesJr&Sr

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 Big Horn Edition Quad Cab to replace my 2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab. I needed the room since I'm 6'4" and 220lbs and I need to put a carseat in it for my son. I love the fact that I don't have to bend down or over to put my son in his chair. My back thanks MOPAR for the truck's ride height. I have the MDS Hemi I average about 22-23 MPG. I put an AEM Brute force intake on it and a Flowmaster Super 40 series muffler on it. Needless to say its the biggest, baddest truck on the block. My son loves it just as much as I do. I feel safe in it no matter what the weather does. I prefer to take it when we go camping or on any long road trip. I love this truck.

Hemi MDS, 4X4, Quad cab, Sirius sattelite radio, lots of room and style. I dig the price too with the Big Horn Edition you get more for less somehow, I aint knockin' it. It was thousands less than other trucks I looked at. It's a really good looking truck. Fully boxed frame is nice too.

Need a solid front axle! The IFS is really good in this truck, but please MOPAR give me a solid front axle! I don't really care for the electronic shift on the fly either. Ditch the Goodforayears, mine wore out in less than 2 years! Had to buy some Cooper Zeon LTZ's, big improvement.

Fantastic!
By Myron

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Dodge Ram 1500. It is a really great truck. I bought mine with the Hemi and it's pretty impressive. I put a K&N air filter and a louder muffler on it and it sounds amazing. My only regret is the quad cab is small. I love the patriotic blue metallic paint, and hemi decals.

5.7 liter beast and the quick shifting tranny

The compartment lights need to stay on longer than 5 seconds.

Hidden Horrors
By Ken

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love this truck. Not getting the MPG others brag about but acceptable. Very comfortable and easy to drive. Wife not afraid of it.

Height and style

Caution. When you slid out of truck with shorts on beware of wedgie when you hook on the seat lever

dont buy a dodge
By dodge no more

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

purchased the truck for a family/ recreation vehicle. After 1 engine rebuild and 2 transmission. And many other electrical problems(brake lights sticking on). Gas mileage was horrible. I averaged 11-13 in town or highway didn't matter. Had the 5.7 hemi and was not impressed.

looks