2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews 3

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Fantastic!
By Myron on 11/08/08 12:54 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Dodge Ram 1500. It is a really great truck. I bought mine with the Hemi and it's pretty impressive. I put a K&N air filter and a louder muffler on it and it sounds amazing. My only regret is the quad cab is small. I love the patriotic blue metallic paint, and hemi decals.

Hidden Horrors
By Ken on 11/06/08 14:15 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love this truck. Not getting the MPG others brag about but acceptable. Very comfortable and easy to drive. Wife not afraid of it.

dont buy a dodge
By dodge no more on 09/19/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

purchased the truck for a family/ recreation vehicle. After 1 engine rebuild and 2 transmission. And many other electrical problems(brake lights sticking on). Gas mileage was horrible. I averaged 11-13 in town or highway didn't matter. Had the 5.7 hemi and was not impressed.

A Man's Truck
By Sam on 08/31/08 18:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is the first truck I've bought, and although my family farm has always had Dodge's, this one is easily my favorite. We have a 2500 Cummins and my brother in law has a 3500 cummins, and we've had nothing but good reliability and fantastic performance with them. My 1500 fits right in, and with its powerful 5.7 L Hemi can tow really whatever I need it to. I commute to college with it, and although it's fun to drive and looks great, it's not a commuter vehicle. Mileage is around 17 mpg total, not bad, but I hardly touch the pedal. Interior is fresh, clean, nicely done IMO, unlike Ford's whose interior is boring. Overall a great truck, if you need it! Otherwise, a great toy....

Nice Truck
By BWP on 07/11/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 30 minute drive to work with 10 min. in town, 20 min. on 55 mph sparsely traveled rural roads. At 55- 60, I consistently get around 21 mpg with the Hemi running on 4 cylinders. My pure hwy mpg is even better than that. I chose this truck over a Ford mainly because the rural commute would allow me to benefit from the cylinder deactivation function, which the Ford did not have. In town and freeway mileage is what you'd expect from a full sized truck. I tow an 18 1/2 ft boat with no problems. The TRX4 off-road suspension is a bit stiff on road when light loaded, but I'm overall very happy with it. It's excellent off- road. This is my 1st Dodge truck. No regrets.

2nd Dodge, getting another
By JRod05 on 01/29/08 18:15 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd Dodge truck. I had a 98 Dakota that was a great truck thru 85,000 miles when I sold it. I leased a 06 Ram after a fight with Ford over a lemoned F-150. I'm wrapping up my 2 year lease with my current Ram and wanted to express my feelings. I've had 1 issue with this truck, warped rotors. That is. No interior squeaks, no mechanical issues, nothing. It's been flawless and I'm actually in the process of buying a 08 right now.

3rd Ram truck in 6 years
By Bluez on 11/15/07 21:23 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had a 2002, 2004 & now the 2006 Ram 1500 which I have been driving for 1 year. I had no problems with the first two but the 2006 from the moment off the lot with under 10 miles on it the wheel shakes bad at all different speeds not just over 60 miles. It has been in the shop a dozen times and they have replaced the front struts,several wheel alinments & balance the tires. Still have the problem and it's been a year. Now the front shocks make a terrible sound when driving on even payment but they have order new ones under warranty. I really enjoyed the 2004 but this one is a lemon and I'm switching to GM in two years when te lease is up.

Better trucks out there
By bobwest on 11/07/07 09:34 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Many problems with this pickup, so far dealer has been good about fixing them. 4-door quad cab not much more than an extended cab with 4-doors. Get mega cab if you really intend to have adults in the back seat.

Awesome truck with weak brakes
By Dan on 09/23/07 17:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have to say I love my truck. To me it drives better then most cars. I love the traction lock rear end. The Hemi is great. The only complaints I have is that I tow a trailer every day and the brakes do not work as good as I think they should. They need bigger brakes. Then there is the Computer. I was wanting to hop up my Hemi but it seems that Dodge has the computer locked so you can not do any real high performance upgrades. I was wanting to add a supercharger or turbo but It seems no one can upgrade the fuel curves in the computer. The ford truck guys have their Ford mostly because of this reason.

It is what it is
By SteveS on 04/17/07 09:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I'm not too sure what this truck is suppose to be. A work truck, family truck, both? Either way, it is a decent truck. It's sticker was around $30,000 which I find way too high. The cab has plenty of room for rear seat passengers which it a big plus if you have multiple passengers. The bed is your typical bed. The engine is a little under powered in the 4.7. Hemi truck was way too high of a price. I would not lease this truck again because it's really not what I needed.