2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Great Truck !!

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

Great Truck !!
By Jeff Laymon on

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This has been a Great truck! I bought this truck to tow our new camper, which our old minivan had a tough time doing, even with a tow package. Also, this would be my wife's vehicle and needed to carry our three kids, with one still in an infant seat. We installed nerf bars so my wife could get in, the 20" wheels made it difficult for her, and she has been in love with it ever since. The Hemi pulls like a champ and after we installed a tonneau cover, our mpg went to 15/20! We towed our camper to FL and averaged 16.5 mpg! The only issue we've had is with the seat coverings, they show every water drop like its a stain. We had them replaced once, but they still do the same thing. Great Truck!

5.7 Hemi engine, the auto day/night rear-view mirror (absolutely superb clarity), cab space, heated mirrors, 20" wheels, plenty of cab storage too!

Better seat coverings, change the design of the drivers seat plastic shroud at the base, I hit my ankle on it a lot.