2006 Dodge Ram
By brent on
2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
My 1st truck: so no comparison-but I love it. Got the V-6 and it has plenty of power. Truck came with the optional lower rear end; which I wouldn't have bought-maybe this helps with the power? Have thought about changing to the standard rear end-but wonder if any computers would need to be changed. Water pump failed at around 50K, which I didn't think should happen. My main complaint is the AC. It has never been cold. Took it back to the dealer and he said it was operating to spec. Dropped the headliner and put in a heat shield and tinted the rear windshield but didn't seem to help. Now the recirc door has broken (maybe has been broken for a long time) which really limits the airflow.
Favorite Features
I like the appearance of the truck. The capacity for 6 passengers. The back seat is adequate; but wish I had the larger one(Crew or Mega). Like the ride height. Have the ST, the basic truck. Have added cruise,fog lights,trip computer, Bluetooth, DVD, Nav, radio, Kicker speakers and sub.
Suggested Improvements
The HVAC system. Overall, it not cold enough. And now I discover this major problem with the plenum doors breaking. This should be a recall.
By ramowner17yrs
on 02/23/12 11:30 AM (PST)

a door in my hvac system was also broken. lots of pros told me nothing was wrong with the car, but the fan ran way too loud and the air flow just wasn't what it should be. a body shop found the broken door, removed it, and the system works way better. fixing it isn't an option because of how difficult it would be to get to it. a warranty or recall repair would be great. still love the truck.