2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Nice truck, but could be a great truck
By EZ on 10/30/06 08:45 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Dodge design is best in class. Ride is nice but can be choppy on turns. A/C and heat continue to be problems for Rams. When either is on it feels like engine is about to die trying stay on and idle fluctuates heavily. Heat takes forever to heat up. A/C is adequate at best during really hot days. Brakes are weak for such a big truck and can be scary during bad weather conditions. No power passenger seat. That stinks for the passenger. Gas economy with MDS is a myth. I get nowhere near 18MPG HWY.

Nicest Truck I Ever Owned
By Lrod on 08/24/06 18:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

There isn't much more that you could do on the inside to make this truck any better. It has plenty of room for just about anyone who is cabable of climbing into this beast. It's quiet and comfortable. It's hard to determine where the end of the vehicle is when backing up.

Well improved from 04' model, but......
By BBartz on 08/11/06 13:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the Big Horn Edition and love all the add ons it has. This is my first Hemi and I don't really notice much difference from the 4.7 liter until after 2nd or 3rd gear. Otherwise, It has a lot more power. I just installed an AirRaid intake and it makes a huge differance. Much more responsive and sounds great! I also notice that the ride of the 06' is much smoother and handles bumps great. Also, the cabin is quiet until I added the intake :) I did not get the 4X4 and regret it, but I would only us it like 2-3 times out of the year anyways.

Great Truck/Poor Climate Control
By silverbullet06 on 07/31/06 19:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the style and roomy Mega Cab interior. Plenty of low end torque but you suffer with terrible fuel economy both in town and highway. Air conditioning cannot handle additional cab size on warm days with the family. Customer service and dealer repair service is the worst of the big three. I would never buy another Damiler Chrysler product! Have been waiting 18 days for a climate control part to fix the non working air conditioning. More excuses than good news from all parties.

Best Truck I've Ever Owned!!
By Dr. Jeff on 07/22/06 11:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck really rides smooth for such a large beast! The only time I hate driving it is when I am driving to the gas station. However, the cost is well worth it to me. This is the best looking, most capable truck on the market.

Poor fuel mileage
By Steve Harig on 07/19/06 13:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The best truck I ever owned as far as comfort. Fuel mileage is another subject, I don't know how everyone else that has rated the truck says the mileage is so great, I get 10 mpg! The truck has 2000 miles. The dealer said it has to break in more, but I can't imagine it improving to 15 mpg like I was told. I'm not the type to put the pedal to the metal. I'm afraid to tow anything with unless I take out a loan.

Awesome
By Joseph on 07/17/06 23:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Mega cabs are perfect for a growing family. The rear doors are over-sized and open to a full 90 degrees. The rear seats lean back, besides folding down and the leg room is better than car out there. The only flaw is the side view mirrors do not have the auto-dimming feature like the rear view mirror has. At night the side view mirrors, which are very large, cast a lot of light into the cab when another vehicle is behind you.

Lots of Room
By someone on 07/06/06 18:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Megacab has a lot of room. I purchased the vehicle to have more secure space inside (like a SUV) and still have the pick-up bed. When the back seats are folded down, there is as much room in the back as a smaller SUV. It has good power and handles well for something that large. The ride is rough and can be jittery. It is better when loaded down with 500-600 lbs in the bed. Braking is not as good as other large trucks I drove. There is plenty of room in the cabin for taller people (I am 6'4"). The cab layout could be a little better. The climate controls and radio controls require the driver to lean forward to adjust. I get 15 miles per gallon on the highway and about 11 in town

'06 Mega Cab
By mmmiller53 on 07/06/06 05:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Replaced my '01 Ford F-150 SuperCrew with this '06 Mega Cab. A lot more truck in just about every way. After 3 months and 4000 miles I'm not disappointed. Great to drive, a super comfortable interior, good styling, and reasonable mileage given its size and weight. Since mileage seems to be everyone's biggest issue, I'm getting right at 12mpg in mixed driving around town and to work, and just got three consecutive tanks between 15-16 on a 1400 mile round trip to Wisconsin. Again, not bad given the truck weighs 6000+. Overall, I'm very happy with my decision to buy this truck.

I love this truck!
By Mike on 06/22/06 20:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in an '06 Hummer H3 on this truck. I love the ride, solid feel and the looks. Everyone comments on the Mega Cab design. My friends call it the "limo truck".

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.