Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

By Tony

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased in California late 2007, switched from a regular cab 1500 to the mega cab 1500. All my cars have been Dodge for the last 15 years. I'm impressed with almost every aspect of the vehicle except the ride and gas mileage. Took the family of six to Disneyland and the ride was almost unbearable going over the Altamont. Felt like we were in some sort of shaking machine. Can't imagine what this is doing to the truck. This truck is not a smooth ride unless the highway is perfect. Also I average about 10-11 mpg in the city and 13-15 on the highway. But I expected this knowing the vehicle type I was buying. I'm deciding if the ride is enough of an issue to cause me to get another vehicle.

Roomy interior, I commute 2 hours a day with 3 large adults and they love the roominess. I like the finger touch controls on the steering wheel. I consider it a safety feature....

Should provide a nerf bar with the purchase, the truck has a high profile and shorter people have issues with stepping in and out. Rough ride, maybe this is how its suppose to be?

Great Truck
By Maer

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Driving this truck for a little over a year. Great. I'm 5'3" female, this truck handles beautifully. The back seat has plenty of room for full size adults, plus the seats recline and they fold down flat, unlike every other 4-door truck I looked at where the back seat bottoms folded up. Also like the hidden storage behind the back seat. Haven't had any trouble with my A/C. MPG 15 HWY and 12-13 in town. Do not like the fact that when I open the driver's door from the inside all the doors unlock (personal safety issue). Also wish the radio still played/windows rolled up/down after the key was turned off and radio went back to low volume after shut off/restart (my crappy Ford did that).

Hemi power, handling, interior room, fold flat seats, info console, being high enough to see around all the minivans!

Bigger/taller std mirrors, door lock issue, lighted cruise buttons on the steering wheel would be nice in the dark. Flip the Speedo with the RPM gauge - minor things.

My First Dodge
By MikeinSA

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Ford, Chevy, GMC, Toyota, and Nissan Titan. So I figured why not Dodge? I purchased a 2006 SLT Mega cab 2WD with the 5.7 Hemi. After my purchase co-workers were telling me "That Hemi is a gas hog". I guess that if you are used to driving a Honda Civic or one of the hybrid vehicles that would be a true statement. However if you are in the market for a full size truck you expect that 40- 50 mpg is not in your sights. I currently have 2675 miles on it. and average (with conservative driving habits) about 13.6 mpg city and 17.5 Hwy. Not bad for a 3/4 ton truck. Pulling a tandem axle trailer loaded I recieved approx 9 MPG.

Captain chairs with abundance of storage. Very smooth ride. Reclining back seats are great for long trips. Dodge has done a great job with light dispersment. the head lights are positioned great for dark roads. Fast response to electric seats and windows.

AC should have one more lower setting. Overhead console would be nice.

2006 Mega Cab 4x4
By THE INVESTIGATOR

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

In the first 50 miles this truck made me not even look back at my 2007 Lincoln Mark LT truck I traded in on this Dodge Mega Cab. At least when you step on the gas you could at least feel the truck move. I don't care if it only gets 12 mpg. The Lincoln only got 13 mpg and you had to worry that you cleared the intersection before the light changed. The interior room is fantastic and at least the seats are really comfortable. This truck is awesome.

Great room, great comfort, excellent power. Yeah it's a Hemi. Great style

Better looking radio. Needs a new design on wheels. Electric passenger side seats. Deeper tint on rear windows.

Great Truck
By psy325

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great truck. I have always bought Chevy trucks, but I think I am a Dodge guy now. The only bad thing about the 1500 megacab 4wd is the gas mileage, about 11 mpg.

Power, ride, size