2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Mega Cab - WOW!
By George on 06/20/06 15:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Talk about comfort. This one's got it. Reclining rear seats (the kids love it), very roomy; and plenty of power for it to get out of its own way and blow the others away. This is my 6th Dodge truck and by far the best!

Super Sweet
By Chris on 06/15/06 19:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a definite eye turner, it makes all other trucks look insufficient. The interior is gorgeous; the moonroof is large and interior is comfortable. The exterior is in a class by itself, simply put sexy. The only downfall is the gas mileage.

Great Truck!
By Mark Westendorf on 06/07/06 21:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the base ST with the "work truck" package (a $400 credit for a black grille instead of chrome). I like the truck overall, but I don't like the huge center console and rock hard middle seat. On a regular cab pickup, you need that middle seat! In this truck the center seating position is almost unusable as there is nowhere for the middle person to put their feet.

True Statement
By Jacob on 06/04/06 12:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my truck in Texas when my old Dodge finaly died. The water pump went and I didnt have time to fix it. I was pulling a trailer from C.C. Tx to Las Vegas NV. I was already late getting to Las Vegas. That weekend I had stared on Friday and didn't get in till Tuesday. Driving to Las Vegas there are a few step hills and the truck had to shift down to a lower gear in order to complete the climb. I was pulling a 25 fifth wheel. The avg MPG was 12.3. Its not that bad but it could have been better. In city driving, the avg MPG is 11.5 Poor rating. I think truck manufactures need to do something about this. When in idle sitting at a red light take out a few cyclinders. We have ways to do it.

Love my Goat
By Neil Combs on 05/15/06 21:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just had it for the last 2 weeks, Love it. Quality is up to the MOPAR Par. First trip in it, 265 miles. Got just over 20 MPG on this trip, I drove the speed limit,(65MPH) Fantastic. Ride was more than comfortable. Performance is up to the '69/72 Standard only smoother and just as fast if not faster. Keep it up Chrysler/Dodge.

First time Buyer
By Nathan on 04/30/06 19:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I really like the design of this truck. Its easy to get in and out of. Interior is very durable and comfortable. Very smooth over bumps and potholes. Great storage place under the rear seat, and the cup holders are great too.

None
By Can Man on 04/25/06 11:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck, the ride is excellect, the ergonomics have greatly improved over the '05. I traded in my 2004 for this model. 100% better all around

Moby lives!
By Cerberus 1949 on 04/21/06 18:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My truck is white, hence the nickname. It fits in my garage which most neighbors' trucks don't. It handles very well, has great performance, and mileage better than my Durango [so long as I don't get too happy with the Hemi]. All in all, it may be the best vehicle I've puchased in the last 35 years.

Great Truck
By PUFFYCOATBANDIT on 04/12/06 08:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This truck i sawesome! Great fuel economy and near zero road noise. Smooth handling and great drive

New Hemi owner
By G. on 04/05/06 10:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the truck, wish it actually could get in the MPG rates that the window sticker had... but I didn't buy it for gas mileage. I'm averaging around 13- 14 MPG mixed driving. Other than that, it's a great pickup, plenty of power. A side note: I got sat. radio free for a year, neat service. I'm hooked.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.