Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

I'm happy with truck overall
By Brian T.

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've been very pleased with my truck overall. I love the Hemi and the other features I've listed below. Nice large, heavy, safe vehicle. I put on a Rhino liner and nerf bars and that has added to the truck's usefullness and value. I wish that the drivetrain losses were less. I think Dodge could have done better with leg room in the backseat of the Quad Cab. It seems to be tight for taller adults though is ok for kids and average or short adults. Had the injector for cylinder #7 go bad after 10k miles but it was fixed under warranty. The Hemi is outshined now by Toyota's V8 but that doesn't bother me. Overall fantastic vehicle and I highly recommend.

5.7L Hemi V8, Sirius radio, all the storage areas, size of bed, class IV towing package that came with 4 pin harness and 7 pin harness.

More leg room in backseat of Quad Cab, make 4-wheel ABS standard, reduce drivetrain losses, make tow hooks standard on 4x4's, add option for factory dual exhaust, hard to reach back sliding window from front seat.

Bad factory warranty
By steve o

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Love the truck, except the transmission shifts rough. There is a buzzing noise and vibration the dealer cant seem to find. And I don't have the money to keep renting trucks while thay try to figure it out. So if you buy a Dodge they don't cover rental when your truck breaks. That's why my next truck will not be a Dodge. Because looks ain't everything when you drive for a living and have to buy a new truck every year.

Looks great

Warranty on new trucks should cover rental. When the prouduct is not up to par...

Get the Hemi!
By nyjetsus

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Checked out F150 and the new Tundra and decided to go with Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the 5.7 Hemi V8. Ram has a better feel for the road. It has a tough, yet elegant look.

Ride, engine power, and overall look.

None yet.

Wanted Some Performance and Utility
By Scott's SRT-10

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

I purchased my SRT-10 Quad Cab after much research. I could not have made a better choice for what I was looking for. I wanted high performance and my wife wanted luxury and safety. We found it in our 2006 Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab. This truck is the best handling, best stopping and head turning vehicle that I have ever owned. I am seriously considering another one in regular cab. No complaints about the mileage either. I have a 95 3/4 ton ext. cab with the cast iron V-10 and the gas mileage is about the same as the SRT- 10. I am actually impressed with the mileage. I only drive the SRT maybe once or twice a month even though I really want to drive it daily. My hat's off to the SRT engineers. Awesome

Looks, power, comfort, ease of using all controls, stopping ability is awesome. Cargo access is just fine with the tonneou cover. Thank Dodge for creating this beast without beating the motor to death prematuraly by forced induction. Lots of options available for different power level enhancements

I can really think of nothing to improve on. As I read from Dodge once, "over built, over priced, and proud of it". Worth the price and looking forward to a very long relationship with this truck.

Love My Ram
By Carl D

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

What a great truck. I now have 8000+ miles and have not experienced any "wheel shimmy" with the 20" alloy wheels as others have stated. The ride is excellent and the Hemi HP is awesome. I have added a AeroTurbine exhaust to replace the stock muffler and the sound is outstanding with a horsepower boost and mpg increase also. Nothing like a Hemi that sounds like a Hemi.

The Hemi. Satellite radio is a great feature also. Great ride, comfortable interior.

Better stock exhaust system. (Truck is way to quite.) Some interior coutesy lights for cup holders.. Not much else.