Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Love My Ram
By Carl D

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

What a great truck. I now have 8000+ miles and have not experienced any "wheel shimmy" with the 20" alloy wheels as others have stated. The ride is excellent and the Hemi HP is awesome. I have added a AeroTurbine exhaust to replace the stock muffler and the sound is outstanding with a horsepower boost and mpg increase also. Nothing like a Hemi that sounds like a Hemi.

Favorite Features

The Hemi. Satellite radio is a great feature also. Great ride, comfortable interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better stock exhaust system. (Truck is way to quite.) Some interior coutesy lights for cup holders.. Not much else.

Kick some SVT Behinds
By azpyroguy

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Albeit the fact that I have made nearly $20,000 in mods to my trucks, I look forward everyday to driving it. love the sound, the looks I get. When I "matte" it at 35mph she gets sideways... can you say yeee haw!! But what do you expect with a truck with around 700hp. It has all the sound of True Viper! Yes, the mileage is bad on it, but I went into buying it knowing that it got terrible mileage. If you want an eco car get a Yugo! If you have the need for power and speed get a Ram SRT-10!

Favorite Features

Power, endless rush of torque

Suggested Improvements

More motor! One can never have enough power!

Big Horn-4 Doors Does Not a Wimpy Truck
By justabeegirl

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

When my '99 Durango was closing in on the 70k mark and since I really and truly loathed the new style Durangos and had no need for 3rd row seating, a Quad Cab 4x4 would suit my needs just as well as my 'Rango plus w/Hemi power. It could be a blast. Keep in mind, in Aug of '05 I bought #2436 of '05s 4263 produced Rumble Bees. My Bee is a std cab and I didn't know if my 4 ft longer girl would meet expectations. This new Hemi MDS engine thing for '06-its a fallacy. I still get 24-26 on the hiway just like my Bee. I lucked out on price tho. $41k down to $29k because the guy who ordered her refused delivery- she's decked out like a Hemi Sport-Hood Scoop; skirts, and chromed to die for.

Favorite Features

Lay down rear seats-great 4 hauling my German Shepherd and awkward items I don't want banging around in the bed. Hemi power is Nadia's greatest attribute. I love 0-60 in ? Do your own test. 20" tires tend to thwart rubber ignition however. New tires, mucho deniro! But oh they love it when I forget!

Suggested Improvements

Nadia was a little bland when I bought her. Yeah, she had chrome accents but nothin like now. I couldn't do any mods to my Bee so I splurged on this Quad! Patriot grille, door/tailgate handles, Big Horn Sills, BugGuard and 20" Wheels. She's gorgeous, but not gaudy. She's a headturner!

My first new truck in 16 years
By GW Brown

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had the truck for just over a month now and I love it. I drive 40 miles each way to work and am getting about 17 miles to the gallon. Better than I expected! The 4.7 has more than enough power for my use and the interior provides all the room I need to get my family around. Dodge could make a locking tailgate standard. I had to go and by one to prevent it from being stolen. All in all I love the look and ride it provides. Hope to keep it for 10 years or 250,000 miles.

Favorite Features

The fold flat rear floor and the under the rear seat storage.

Suggested Improvements

Locking tailgate standard.

Month 2 and still a blast to drive
By Furyous

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Going into my second month with this truck and it is still a blast to drive. The only down side is the mileage but you know that going in.

Favorite Features

Power, power and more power. Whenever you hit the gas you get a rush.

Suggested Improvements

If they find someway of improving the gas without harming performance is the only improvement I can think of.